Your Advice And Recommendations For New Online Shoppers.

Discussion in Online Shopping started by mildredtabitha • Sep 5, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I understand that some of us had a strugle when doing oline shopping for the first time because of fear of getting scammed or charged higher than what is in your pocket. And some never had any bad history when it came to online shopping.

There are some of us who have never tried online shopping but would like to start. What would you recommend for new online customers to know before they start purchasing?

2. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    Personally I have never tried online shopping since a friend of mine ordered a laptop but received a defective one. Another thing about online shopping is that their products get charged high fees due to shipping charges. But I would like to have a new experience and try online shopping because it is convenient.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    If you shop online, or are new to online shoping, you have to consider followig things:
    Is there a refund policy? Don't buy if the seller does not offer refund?
    Pay with paypal. Paypal has buyer's protection which measn you can recover the full fund if you did not receive the item. You can also recover partial refunds if the item is faulty.
    Always check the shipping cost, sometimes the shipping cost is more than the product itself.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that they always pay via Paypal. So that if something goes wrong then they can file for a refund. Never ever pay using your credit card, since you won't get your money back anymore.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Always bear in mind that you are shopping in the same way that you shop in the mall. The only difference is that in online shopping, all you can see are pictures and you don’t even know if the store really exists. To be safe, my advice to newcomers in online shopping is to buy from established online stores like Amazon. Don’t try e-bay unless you have the experience already because you will be dealing with unknown sellers. In short, look for proof of the store and check the track record. New stores with low prices can be a rip off so you have to beware of such.

6. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Hi mildred, when you are shopping for stuff online, the very first and the most important thing to look for is the secure connection. When you type in the website name, it should open with https:// Note the s as opposed to just

. The added s means that the connection is secure and authenticated. If the s is missing, then the site cannot be trusted, especially if you intend pay with a credit or a prepaid card. Second thing to look for is customer reviews and ratings. Going through them will give you a fair idea of what the website is like.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely recommend shopping through well known online stores such as Amazon. You can find anything and everything through them and they often have great prices. Also if you have a favorite retail store, then use their website. Many of them offer free shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount too. You can even find promo codes for them to save more money on your order. Pay by PayPal whenever you can since this is a trusted payment processor and comes with many benefits by using it. If you want to use eBay then read the reviews of customers, check out their ratings and don't order from someone who's ratings are below 95%. Always do your homework before you buy from a site that you aren't familiar with. It will save you time and money in the long run.

8. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    It is important for online users who shop on online to always check the reviews of the online stores they shop with to know how the previous customers/visitors to the online store felt after doing business with the store. Also, using the cash on delivery option, if the online store offers that, as a mode of payment is somewhat a safe option especially when you're starting new on the site to avoid issues of buying substandard products which you've already paid for.

These two tips can come handy when doing online shopping on online stores.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of online shopping of a variety of items. I normally look at reviews and also read the description of the item concerned which is found at the end of the page where the product is displayed. You must also read the conditions of the seller. Some sellers do not take back items.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before buying, please first check reviews and bbb.org about the business. Then check web site with norton web check : safeweb.norton.com. Then decide for yourself whether you'd like to buy from them or not. Be sure to check on site for security and good consumer relations like having a customer service, seller communication where you can ask questions if you have any, these are some of the first things I do when shopping online. I'd ask the search engines for the product I like, then compare prices. I like buy online, get money for shopping online from ebates.com and picking up in store. Walmart gives you lower prices when you buy online and pick up in store, too. Check these things, like free shipping, site has google trusted insignia or a BBB accredited site good things like this is wonderful. Always make sure you got a customer service you can get in touch with if possible 24/7. Sales on sites, if you search ...sale on the item you want to buy can yield, good prices to save money. On this site, you got a coupon page to research too for good bargains to save money too. Good luck and enjoy shopping online.

11. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    My advice for new online buyers is to simply not buy everything you see that is widely advertise. Always do your research behind the product and company if possible and be sure you really need something before spending massive amounts of money. Also, I would recommend Amazon and Ebay.

12. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of research and check the reviews, before I buy a product online. The seller ratings is something that you should pay close attention and monitor it in future. Sellers who sell quality items with good package and timely delivery have high ratings.

13. mildredtabitha

Threads:

I read reviews and Amazon seems to be expensive. I guess it is because I'm an international member. I will try the online shopping from local stores and see if I can start shopping for sites like Amazon and ebay. I know shipping can also be expensive.

Thanks for mentioning this. I will start checking seller ratings too. :D

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is becoming increasingly popular by the day. You may just go on a site and see how easy it is to purchase goods there but that might not be the whole story. There are numerous considerations that may bd involved with a smooth online purchasing activity. There is the security of your personal information which includes your banking and credit card data. It's recommend that you utilize sites like PayPal if their services are available where you may be doing your transaction because this will greatly allow you to have personal information security. You should research and get as many reviews on the site that you are obout to be involved with to learn about their credibility. I have noticed a major problem which people who are buying Chinese made clothing might have.Chinese sizes a smaller when compared to Western sizes. Many persons are not aware of this and when that receive the goods the can't fit. In this case you have to review the sizes before committing to ensure that you will have the suitable fit.

15. mildredtabitha

Threads:
    Thanks for mentioning about size. I also read another review online where a customer said that she always asks someone her own size who is near the online site to wear clothes first. If the clothes fits this online friend, then she purchased them. It is a nice method but having to make that deal with someone your own size while online is another task.

About PayPal, it is true that it is the best account to use when making payments online. I have considered this too. Thanks :D

16. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    When shopping online, I always used Cash on delivery when paying to be sure that I am receiving something in exchange of my hard earned money. I always looked for the reviews first because I am not the kind of person that can be easily deceived by the beautiful images in an online shop. When there are more than three people who have a negative review about the item I will not proceed in checking the item instead, I will look for the same or similar item in another online shop who has more positive reviews.

I recommend that check the seller ratings and reviews of the item you are interested before ordering and choose the terms of payment you are more comfortable with.

17. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I'd recommend sticking with some coupon and the discount website. You can also join the rebate based websites. Make sure to save money on small stuff. You can see that such small stuff adds up in the long run. So you just have to make sure to spend through those resources. Both parties are happy this way. Also you get to spend less through such sites. Make sure to double check the offer prices though.

18. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    True, there are times where Amazon and Ebay prices can be a bit pricey depending on what you are looking for, that can be a big downside. However, ebay does allow you to use promo codes every now on certain items. I would suggest doing a bit of research on any other online markets that are close enough to ebay and amazon.

19. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think that considering the legitimacy of the site before making a purchase (do a lot of researches, mainly with opinions of other consumers) and always be wary of extremely cheap prices are great tips for beginners.

20. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    My advice is to check for other peoples review before making transactions with anyone online. Look for more than 30 plus unique review. Some of those review are fake made by their own accounts. I also look for bad or negative comments about the products so I can know the cons of that item.