Would you travel to a high risk hurricane area just because you got a great deal?

Discussion in Travel started by H.C. Heartland • Sep 26, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I recently found a site that offered tips on how to travel during hurricane season and thought I would add it here to go with the other posts:

Also, another site (

) gave a good recommendation to make sure and check the countries advisory before traveling. Some countries are set up to take care of tourist well despite the threat of possible hurricane (strongly built hotels, etc.) Whereas other countries might not be properly suited to care for large numbers of persons in times of emergency and so this might help one make a decision before traveling.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yup, I would still go because it is on sale, and I think I would still be safe as long as it is crystal clear that there is no hurricane coming on the time that I will be there.

3. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I would like to travel there no matter if the conditions are bad. I love big storms and the intensity of being in one.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I wouldn't ever risk myself and my family just because of a really great and cheap deal to travel to high-risk hurricane area. If ever a hurricane would strike when I am in there with my family spending our vacation and having intimate times together, the outcome would really be at its worst. I don't want to inflict traumatic experience to myself and to my family. I don't want to increase a risk on that.