Would you take a year off?

Discussion in Travel started by Strykstar • Apr 16, 2014.

1. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    This sounds absolutely amazing. I hope one day I can save enough money to do this (also accepting generous donations haha). There would be so many places I visit that a year might not be enough to be honest!

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Congratulations on the change, wish all the best in the new adventure!
    That site looks perfectly tailored to your situation, I bet you were ecstatic when you found it. :)

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to take a year off. But I wouldn't travel the entire planet. Go to maybe 10 different places that are intriguing to me. I would like to go to different places and immerse myself in the culture. I'd love to understand how people think and how they'll world works. One reason I love to take a year off is really to discover myself. I love to find out who I really am and what really ticks me off and what makes me happy. I love to find out my purpose in my destiny on this. And then after that you get to work. I would hit the road running.

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    What places would you visit lovemwaf? Maybe see the World Wonders? Or other places with personal interest? Give us your rough plan :D

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I'm jealous too lol... your co-worker must 1) make alot of money 2) and saved alot of it to be able to sustain himself for a whole year. I think if I really needed the break I could see myself taking some time off, I don't know about a whole year. Yet, if I didn't like my job I might. If I did like my job then I wouldn't want to leave it for too long and feel like I was backsliding in my career or being replaced.

6. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    Well, if your work can be managed through the internet, then planning a getaway for a year will be great. However, if you have work commitments, planning a year away will be difficult.