Would you subscribe to Google Fiber if you had the choice?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by donding • Aug 22, 2014.

1. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    As someone living in a country where you pay premium for a rather puny internet connection, I would most definitely love to subscribe to Google Fiber if it becomes available here. In my country, we've been suffering from slow internet connection for the longest time.

However I wonder when is it too much when it comes to speed. With the rise of streaming services, a reliable internet connection is a must but how much speed one really needs in order to get a buffer-free streaming experience?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the cost of having Google Fiber is only double that of our present internet provider, I'm sure I will shift to Google Fiber is only the promised speed is real. It's not only the waste of time with the slow internet speed but also the mental fatigue you get from waiting for the entire webpage to be displayed. Maybe that's the reason why sometimes I get a headache because our wifi is slow that hampers my internet access with my phone.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get more and more irritated with my provider by the day. The internet is somewhat lackluster, and I also subscribe (for now) to television services from them, which are also getting on my nerves these days. I've heard the speeds are really fast with Google Fiber, which I would appreciate. I wish Google would move into my area with Fiber and give the two providers were have here a run for their money.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I would if they are able to provide it for a cheap price, or if I feel that the extra price is worth the extra value I'm getting which should be way more than what I would get from local companies. I admit I'd be a little worried about getting tracked even further since I already use too much of just this one company but I don't think I'd be too worried that I would avoid it. As long as the price is right and the value is there I'd say it would be a worthy option.

5. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I think that this is something that really need a little more research into how it really translated into speed. I am usually not willing to spend more money for speed, but I am not really sure if there are any other benefits or not. I would have to learn a little bit more about it before considering, and I would like to see some reviews too. I do tend to trust Google though, so there is no issues there for me.

6. CaptainOblivious

CaptainObliviousMember

Threads:
    Google Fiber is my dream ISP at the moment. I am currently having an FUP shoved down my throat and I hate it. I am a very high volume user and it sucks to have to watch even my internet browsing.

7. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    In fact I had been after our landline service provider (BSNL) for a long period of time. Since it is a Government owned company nobody actually cares about customer’s voice and they are somewhat reluctant of giving any new connections. Then I thought of a mobile broadband connection and bought a 3G dongle. It turned out to be another disaster as there is only limited signal in our area. But now I switched over to a 4G wingle which is actually superb and gives me great speed day and night.

I would not opt for Google fiber if it offers only landline services because right now I can access net from anywhere I travel through my mobile broadband connection. It is very beneficial for a person like me who travels a lot. Now I am thankful to our Government owned landline service for not taking my application seriously..lol.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely would. I also heard that you can pay a one-time fee of 300 dollars for basic internet forever, I assume. I would definitely pay 70 dollars for speed that never drops.