Would you pay more for a pet that once saved someone?

Discussion in Pets started by dieselfit • Jan 20, 2014.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I've done my research and there seems to be more and more news about pets saving their owners from various things. For example I read about this guide dog Simon, he pushed a 4 year old out of the way when a speeding car flew past a stop sign. The dog was actually dying after he was hit and the blind father did not know where to go. So the dog walked them home, and when he knew that they were okay, he laid down. He didn't make it but there are tons of pets like this. From parrots to cats and of course dogs. Would you ever pay way more for a pet that was once a hero?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. I take in animals all the time because of the irresponsible pet owners out there who won't spay or neuter their animals or decide their pets are inconveniences and drop them off at their local shelter. I take in the ones I'm sure won't find homes. The old or the sick or the average looking animals that get overlooked for the cute and cuddly. If I saw a dog that needed a home that was a big deal for saving someone, I would have no doubt it would find a great home because of that.. so I would let someone else enjoy him while I adopt the abused little guy, cowering in the corner, being ignored by all the visitors.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a great attitude! I always feel and want the animals nobody wants, they usually have so much to give and people will simply overlook them. It's so sad how even animals suffer more when they are uglier, look different or have some sort of defficiency.

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    No I won't. Why is whether the pet saved someone even a factor in getting a pet? For me, getting a pet means to get a companion and a new addition to the family. It makes no difference to me what the pet did. Maybe I'll have more respect for it but I'll definitely not pay extra, it's kind of insulting to measure loyalty with money.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess how pet turns out depends on the training given to it and the love showed to it. So I'll buy an ordinary pet and transform and hope that the way I care for it would make the pet care for my well-being to the same degree. I, therefore, would definitely not pay more for a pet that once did something heroic because it may not have the same attachment it had to its previous owner.

6. Brad

BradMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't. In my eyes, I just feel it's another pet even if they have saved someone. Obviously it's something great to have in a pet, as it could save someones life again if they were to be in danger. I guess I could pay a little extra for that in a pet, but I just think that it's a normal pet and should be treated the same as others.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I would ever pay for any pet considering there are so many animals out there with no owner. I would get one for free and I would pay only if it was a specific need that required a determined pet.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been ages since I bought a pet, since all my cats were just strays or they were just given to me. The ones that I bought were the hamsters. I also wouldn't pay more for a pet that has saved someone, but if ever they were offered to me, then I would gladly welcome them into my home and pamper it more because of the heroic act that they did.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, but I don't pay for pets in general. I don't need pure breds, nor do I have any current disabilities that require a trained guide dog or support type of pet.

I do think it's awesome that so many animals will go so far to help their owners, though.

10. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    No, in fact I would make the pet get a job as part of an EMS team so I could have an extra source of income. But no, I would not, unless maybe it was an alligator or some reptile that saved someone's life because that would be really cool to have my own personal alligator who would save me from drowning. I'm not paying extra for Lassie though, she can go get her own tv show on Animal Planet. I mostly like the down trodden, unsuccessful pets to adopt because we can relate better. I don't need an animal that's achieved more than me.