Would You Opt For Public Transport

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by iamawriter • Oct 31, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it works both ways but if everyone started using the public transport it certainly would create chaos. It would be almost impossible to enter in a pubic bus or train given the present situation especially in our country (India) where public transport already too crowded. I live near Delhi where elite services like metro rail with 4 minutes frequency service is overcrowded during peak hours. It's almost the same in all cities. So the government will have to provide better transport and infrastructure to improve the situation.

2. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I don't really like public transport. It's inconvenient, and sometimes drivers are abusive in collecting the fare. That's why I bought a second-hand car so I can go wherever I want to go without waiting for public vehicle and compete with other passengers to get comfortable sits.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have no other choice but to travel on públic transportation as I don't own a car. If I did own a car like I used to I would use my car instead all the time as it does save time. It can take double the time to get places in a bus and it's frustrating especially when trying to get to work. One must get out of the house much earlier to try to get to work on time or even appointments.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am lucky since I am staying in Australia and Australia is not that crowded so public transport system here is one of the best in the world. although most people use their own cars but it's still better to use public transport for people like me with lot of traveling requirement. I think over my business strategies and talk to my customers while traveling. However, I cannot do the same back in my country India because the public transport is too crowded and noisy.

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed. Under the present circumstances it will surely create chaos but Government should put in place a system that can take care of this and they must.

6. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    As I do not have a car and I don't really know how to drive, so I went for public transport when I was working full time. If the public transportation system here is more established, I would go for public transport even if I have a car, but it isn't here. There might be more convenient for some places, but not for most places here. So sometimes my husband has to drive his car to the nearer station (that can be half an hour drive), park his car there and take the public transport.

I think it is really good for the government to be more concern in this, so more people are willing to take the public transport and drive less.

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Here in India one State has been declared as unfit for living. People are leaving and schools are shut all because of high pollution and vehicles are the main cause.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you have mentioned the same place in your post the capital of India and its surrounded area the NCR. In fact, closing of schools and offices for a few days is not going to help the cause as the situation would remain the same for next four months during the coming winter season. The main source is not only the transportation but smoke which comes from the neighboring states of Haryana and Punjab where farmers illegally burn leftover in the fields after cutting the crops.

9. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    There are a period of time where some of our schools here have to be closed for some days because of the air pollution too, due to haze caused by forest fire. I guess the government and everyone of us really have to pay more attention to this issue, as pollution is everywhere and it's seriously affecting the environment and our health too. Besides taking public transport, here we are always encouraged to car pool with others.

10. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of bans are in place. Lately crackers were banned during the Diwali festival and that was respected by all. A thermal plant is shut down and stubble burning in the neigbouring States is being tackled too. There is encouragement to go for public transport and this may not be willingly accepted.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing works by force unless the government provides proper alternative of travel to public. Not all members of public are traveling for leisure in their mind but going out for official/business, study purpose and they must reach to their destination in time and safely. So if programs like odd/even which is to begin will fail again as it failed last time. The people who needed to travel by car bought another car to have both number plates odd and even that only increased number of cars in the area but did not serve its purpose.

12. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    In Delhi the situation has gone beyond control. Emergency measures are put in place. Schools are closed. Sports are banned. Very pathetic situation there. This link tell you all

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not for the first time but it happens almost every year. People including courts, government officials, NGOs and other concerned talk big as long the situation remains the same but forget about taking permanent remedial measures once the winter season is off and the smog/mist is gone. What we need in our area is a foo-proof plan and not temporary schemes like odd-even which are nothing but eyewash.

14. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    That is a fight that is going on between the environment authorities and the concerned government just now. They are pulling up the government for not resorting to many routes that are available to them than just concentrating on the odd even method for vehicles.

15. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    It is the same story each year! Nothing concrete and permanent can ever be achieved without peoples' support and cooperation. There are so many people who drive cars to their work and they are the only ocupants in the car. I think, it is Malaysia (not very sure) but unless a car has at least three occupants it is not allowed on the road. New Delhi should have something like that or more and more people should be encouraged to use public transport. Otherwise, the problem will only worsen even more.

16. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Definitely! There are multiple factors that make me opt for public transport. But the utmost important would be that it's a lot cheaper and that it's very good for the environment. It simply is a lot more effective to transport people. I live in Stockholm, which is a very busy city, thus public transport makes me get to school in time as there's a bus lane almost everywhere.

17. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    This is actually the best way the government can handle and eventually eradicate air pollution. Passing laws that citizens have to get rid of their privately owned vehicles would be easy, but to the affected parties it would be hell. The losses suffered would be major since all these cars were bought at high prices and it would not be fair. However, if the government were to make cars that run on anything other than fossil fuels, it would suit everyone and people could still maintain their lifestyle as opposed to resorting to public transportation. As per now the best move for us would be to endure public transportation as we wai on the government to address this issue.

18. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Since I'm just a normal student, I always opt for public transportations. In my country, which is the Philippines, one of the public transporations that we have is the jeepney. I always use this type of transportation because it's very affordable and budget-friendly for a student like me that always go to school.

19. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    The public transport system in your country is just the same like we have here and the fact that they are not doing anything to make it better made it frustrating for us. However, I enjoy those moments as well.

20. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    As a student, we had levels of public transportation and I always go for the general type since its cheaper and can still convey you to your destination. I never felt it was wrong too.