Worst Travel Experiences

Discussion in Travel started by joshc428 • Aug 24, 2015.

1. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    My family went to the Philippines last summer. Everything was great until we tried to leave. When the ticket attendants searched the databases, they found out that my father shared the same name as a convicted felon. We had to sit in a waiting area to get his identity verified. Unfortunately, the attendant said he couldn't leave that day. We had to wait hours in the hot, humid Manila airport just to get clearance to confirm that my father was not a felon. I know it's mild compared to other experiences, but we don't travel much so this was a pretty big deal to us. What was your worst travel experience?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a friend who worked abroad. He told me the place was very beautiful so I decided I'd surprise him one day. I got his address and two years later, after I'd saved enough money I decided it was time to visit my old friend.

Note: I didn't know the local language and I expected my friend to show me around.

However the moment I got to my destination and had a taxi take me to where I thought my friend lived, I learned that he'd moved out and away to another country. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy my holiday.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I had my purse stolen this summer from a rental car. It was a smash and grab. I lost all my ID and over $400 in cash and gift cards that were in my wallet. To make matters worse, 4 days later we were on our way to the airport and our rental car was towed with all our luggage in it while we had lunch at Denny's. We couldn't get our rental car from the impound lot as both my husband's and my driver's licenses were in my purse that was stolen. We had to pay to have the rental car towed to the airport. That cost us an extra $400. We missed our flight waiting for the luggage to show up so we had to rebook our flight. The airline charged us an extra $50 a person to change our flights. Needless to say it was a nigtmare trip.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I'm sorry that happened to you in Manila. It's really sad to be in that situation where you were itching to leave and you were held up by something not your fault.

Our travel to Batanes this year was also a nightmare because we have paid a reservation for the hotel and it turned out that the travel agency was not able to confirm our booking. So we arrived with no room, hungry and nowhere to eat. That province is one good place for nature tripping but that sad incident would make us delete that place in out list.

5. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had horrible travelling experiences, but the worst was on a trip to the UK not too long ago. My wife and I were on a bus trip with a bunch of other people, and the whole lot of us got sick. It's a miserable experience, moving at a bus trip pace while feeling like crap. Some portions of the trip are a blur, now, because I felt so bad.

It was especially bad since my clogged head ached horribly when we were returning home on the plane. Do not go on a plane when your nose is badly stuffed if you can avoid it.

6. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Once I was stuck in Shanghai, my business card was not working, network was almost dead. I love traveling but that was a time while I was afeared of it. Then I talk to my mind and got some help from the locals, their cooperative behavior makes me more into it and got some friends. Although now it was a learning journey of my life but that fear was so breathtaking.

7. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I never had the worst travel experience. I use to go with my friends of the family. traveling in Group sometimes let you feel more comfrtable.

with affordable prices.