Worst shipping method you've used

Discussion in Shipping Services started by addicted_buyer • Dec 8, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    There are so many shipping methods available worldwide that I don't think it'd be easy to link them all. You have private couriers like FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc., express services like Ems, registered airmail services like USPS Priority, China Post, Swiss Post, Royal Mail, non-registered airmail services, etc.

What's the worst shipping service you've used? Which one took the longest to get to your destination?

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used a number of shipping services over the years and I've never really had any problems. Royal Mail, Fed Ex and DHL have all been good. Today I received an item from Germany via Fed Ex and I was impressed with their service.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I live outside the US I have had internal US shipping sites involvement with DHL, UPS, and USPS through a number of sites which I have purchased merchandise. They transport the goods to a US mailbox, from where I have a particular agent which transport it from there to me in my country. I have never had any problems with any of these services but I have seen many online reviews where there have been complaints about goods from China through the courier service EMS usually arriving way past the given time but I am not sure if its the site or suppliers fault.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I had a terrible experience with one shipping company that was mentioned in the the initial post. I shipped an item though this courier and in spite the fact that I've indicated that the destination is an office located in Wisconsin, their staff kept on trying to deliver the items at 8 pm and reported that no one was around to receive and the office was close. Well, of course! That happened twice and thankfully, the saving grace was I can follow the movement of my items online. I emailed their local office immediately at 2am and called them up as soon as their office was open the following day. Had they failed to deliver the third time around, my items would have been sent back.

I googled and found out that there were a lot of complaints about that shipping company. Some complainants related that the delivery persons claimed that no one was at home to receive the items when he was at home all those time while waiting for the package. I'm sorry I can't name the shipping company because I'm not sure of the legal repercussions. For sure, it wasn't Fedex.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well there have been some bad ones, but I am not sure that I can really point to a terrible one that sticks out. I did try an overnight option one that ended up getting skipped and I had to wait extra long, that was frustrating.

6. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    We have few local courier companies around here. And those companies seems to be pushing a good amount of prices. And I have used their service. And for me that worked out couple of times. But after some time the delivery issues started happening. So I decided that it's better to switch the shipping method. It's always good idea to make use of the right shipping options.

7. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    China Post is the worst shipping method I have used. I have ordered several products, but few products has arrived in my home. I prefer to pay a service more expensive to assure my shopping. Today, China Post is a complete headache. :confused:

8. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I have used a service as Fed Ex a courier service and I was really disappointed by them, I sold my TV a small plasma, and the reciver said that he got it broked, the screen was smashed. I made a complaint to the courier service but they did not recognize that it was their fault.
    The buyer condemned me that I sold it broken and I had to buy another tv as mine at second hand and deliver it with postal service.
    I had no gain, in fact, I lost a lot using the courier service!

9. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Oh man! You had a big loss. What kind of selling service did you use? Was not it possible to open a complaint against the company ?