Winow seat vs. the isle on planes?

Discussion in Travel started by Mayvin • Oct 13, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to be on the window seat, more if I am travelling alone. By being there, I am not able to feel as if I am confined out of nowhere and couldn't just simply get out. If I am on the other side, close to the aisle, I feel like I am caged and trapped strangely somewhere and I couldn't get out. It feels suffocating and a little freaky to be there. But sometimes, I get no choice, and so I have to bear that thing no matter what. I can't be picky all the time. When I am seated on the place I don't want to be seated on, I don't think about it. I just shrug it off, and sleep, not bothering myself anymore with it.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to sit and look out the window, but I know that I'm the one that likes to go to the bathroom and I wouldn't want to climb over someone. I usually try to sit in the emergency row, so people aren't really climbing over as there is usually enough room for them to just walk by. Even still, I need to be on the aisle in a regular seat so I can turn and try to give my long legs some room as the flight goes on.

3. kbroder9

kbroder9Member

Threads:
    I always try to choose the Window seat if I get a chance. I like to see the views, be able to shut the window if I want to, and be able to rest my head on the edge to sleep. The only bad part is making everyone get up if you have to go to the bathroom, but at least you don't have to get up for everyone else! Sleeping is really the main reason I try to choose it, but everything else is definitely a perk.

4. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer to have a window seat because I love to see out of the window if it is plan, train, car, bus or any other vehicle. Recently I came from the niagara tours and during them I chosed the my favorite seat I mean window seat. I saw many beautiful views out of the window and save them in my memory. It is the biggest reason for me to sit close to the window.

5. florida2015

florida2015Member

Threads:
    Aisle seat always. I am deathly afraid of flying but love to get somewhere very far away within two hours or less. I have to fly with Dramamine or I can't get on the plane, much less look out the window. Looking out the window still scares me even with the pills. I usually have to go to the bathroom too so that is another reason to take the aisle seat.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have always loved the site from window as the clouds look just awesome from the plane. I think it is quite easy to watch and enjoy the aeroplane experience from the train rather than from the aisle. I always love to see how the plane takes off from the port and enjoy the experience from the window seat.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer window seats. I cannot stand people brushing their smelly thighs and behinds against my face when I am sitting in an aisle seat. People are constantly getting up and going to the bathroom or getting something out of the compartment above you. At least in the window seat, I have something I can lean my head against to nod off. I generally don't worry too much about using the restroom on flights because I almost never do. I just avoid drinking anything a couple hours before the flight and go to the bathroom as many times as I can before I board. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've used an in flight toilet.

8. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Window seat for me, it might be slightly more inconvenient, but the opportunity to take awesome aerial shots more than makes up for it. After all, if you're travelling you should take some pictures to serve as a memory of the journey. What better picture to take than an aerial view of the country that you're visiting?

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer r window seat because I like using the window to rest my head on. Also, seeing the view outside is a big part of the experience and I really like seeing all that is happening outside as much as possible. Although, admittedly I just choose window mostly for the head rest because I like to sleep away the travel and waiting time.