Windows Phone

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Parker • Apr 17, 2014.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Currently I have a basic Android phone. I really do like the Android phone. I have outgrown my phone. I have seen a lot of TV commercials about the Windows phone. I don't know of anyone who has a Windows phone.

Does anyone on the forum have a Windows phone? Do you like it? Would you recommend it to your friends?

Thanks

2. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I was about to create a similar thread to this (great suggestions thread system you have here!) and even if I am one year late, I do have the same question. Any windows phone users here? If yes, what do you recommend and why do you have one?

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only thing wrong with Windows Phone OS is a lack of apps compared to Android and iOS. Otherwise, the UI is very intuitive, and the operating system is exceptionally smooth/efficient. I would recommend a Windows Phone as long as it comes with all of the hardware and software you need to get through the day. I could switch over from Android myself without too many problems.

4. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I also think that Windows Phones look good, that is why I am surprised that they have so few users. Is it due to the lack of good enough phones? Probably yes as there is a way wider offer in what concerns android and mac devices.

5. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen Windows Phone and just last Saturday I've actually got to see one of my relatives complain about it and say they want to break this thing because it's horrible. I think there are a lot of complicated things on it, as well as features that I really wouldn't recommend it much. I would rather people choose Android just for simplicity, it's gone ridiculous where there are several "OS" to pick from.

6. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Now, that also depends a lot on the model. If you have a low end model (like my wife has a low end model android) you'll have a poor experience because the device simply doesn't respond properly. In these cases, I think an investment is adequate.

7. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Yikes, I do know what you mean. I don't understand though because it's supposed to be good, considering it's from Microsoft. That's just really weird. I've seen a lot of problems with it, even sending SMS or using the phone abroad, it just gets weird and difficult. I don't think Windows should fit at all in a phone, it was nice for a computer but that just isn't well.

8. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Not quite, the older models were made for older OS and when new OS are released those models become obsolete, but even so continue to be sold cheaper. The people buying them are buying junk literally.

9. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I see. It's a complicated matter really because there's a lot of controversy and one doesn't know what to do or decide.

10. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Most people are not well informed that is a fact. While people with more money buy the top models and are fine, people with little money buy low end models and have a lot of issues. Most likely they should wait until they have more money to buy a decent equipment.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nokia phones are now tied up with Microsoft, so when you buy their recent models then you get to use a Windows OS. I think if you are not fond of downloading apps then Windows might be a good choice.

12. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Funny enough my 73 year old mother just got a Windows Phone for herself yesterday. I was totally surprised because she never had a smartphone, so I believe she will have a hard time with it. My brother advised her lol, so he has to help her! :D

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol, which Windows phone is that? Is it a Nokia Lumia? I think it's easy to teach senior citizens how to use these things. My dad got his first smartphone ever at age 68, and he easily learned how to use it!

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine is a Samsung running on Android. But I have several colleagues who took the time to buy a Windows phone not for anything but for that classy look. The Windows phone is a new brand and you would look unique wity that. However, their experience with Windows phone is practically the same with an Android. That means there's nothing new in Windows phone.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    See, this is strange to me because I have always viewed the Android phone as a step up from the windows phone? Maybe I am a bit behind as far as that goes? But I do know that there are different android versions - more up to date, and less up to date versions. I also know that there are different windows versions out too, and I am not sure if the latest windows version is better than the latest android version. But if I had the choice, based off of everything that I have seen up until this point, then I would go with an android phone.

16. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I recommend a Windows Phone because in general, they have a excellent camera. I have a lumia 830, it has Zeiss Lenses and Pureview technology( Increase image quality in low light situations). Moreover, Windows 10 mobile is relatively stable, it has little bugs. The main problem in this S.O is the lack of the apps, apps like snapchat is not available in Windows Store :( .

17. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I've owned one before. I wouldn't really recommend it because it can be complicated to use at times. It's better of just sticking to the android device in my opinion. They do offer the usual features of a smartphone though but I think it's more optimal for business people.