Will you hit the road to see the fall colors this season?

Discussion in Travel started by AutumnFaith2012 • Sep 8, 2012.

1. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    It's almost that time of year when the leaves across the U.S. start turning to those brilliant shades of orange, yellow and red! Will you be hitting the roads to find the best fall foliage? If so, where are you headed? Where's the best place to go to see the show of colors? When are the best times to catch the leaves at their peak? Tips and suggestions wanted! :D

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I hadn't thought of doing that but maybe I will. I'm already in New York. I've heard Vermont is a great place to see the leaves and it's peaceful up there. I'm not sure if it's best to drive or perhaps take a bus up there. For the long ride, I'd probably make a nice weekend of it.

3. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Yes, Vermont is a beautiful place to see the leaves as is New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Massachusetts! If you're up for a drive, I'd recommend it because you can take your time and stop at different fruit stands (or cheese or even syrup) stands along the way. The bus would be good if you can plan ahead what routes to take and make sure you'll be stopping at some of the pick your own orchards and pumpkin patches! Those always highlight the fall season :)

4. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    I've heard Vermont is a great place to see the leaves and it's peaceful up there. I'm not sure if it's best to drive or perhaps take a bus up there. For the long ride, I'd probably make a nice weekend of it.

--------------------------------
    TVs making the ideal into reality ---

, What We Need Is Persist.