Will These Increasing Acts Of Terrorism Negatively Effect Some People's Desire To Travel?

Discussion in Travel started by explorerx7 • Jun 12, 2017.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Random acts of terror have been happening thick and fast around the world and the sad thing about it is that people would have been killed have never had any involvement with their assassins. Many people have the desire to freely travel around the world to see interesting sites and meet and greet new people. Do you believe that these terror attacks will influence many persons to scale down or abandon their quest to go exploring?

2. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    @explorerx7@explorerx7 Affirmative. On many occasions, we have seen this happen. I will give a perfect example of my country, Kenya. Tourism used to be a major pillar in the economy of my country. It contributed much to the economy and was actually considered as the perfect remedy to reviving our country. However, terrorists started targeting Kenya. They would even kidnap tourists and this scared many of them. The numbers started decreasing. Within an year the total number had halved.
    Security is paramount and anybody travelling will make it a priority.

#2Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    One example is where I am living, we are not getting attacked by terrorists but there has been shootings almost everyday because of drug cartels. To be honest I don't even go out much anymore due to this reason. Cancun was a very touristy place but has decreased inmensely since the first attacks this year stroke. I wouldn't want to travel to any place going through any attacks to be honest, I would actually like to leave here.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our country is reeling from the no-travel advisory of foreign countries particularly US and UK. It is because of the small war in the southern part where the government forces are in a heated battle against the rebel forces that talks said ISIS has a connection. To be honest, I myself wouldn’t go down south because of that fighting. Why would I risk my well-being in going to a war-torn place when there are so many nice places to go where it is safe? Definitely the violence is giving a black eye to the tourism industry.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    That's for sure! :(

Even though the places have some sort of promotion by the travel agencies (some prices may even be lower than normal :eek:), the concern / fear of visiting certain countries exists and affects the economic issue directly.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Any sane person would be affected by it, acts of terrorism have increased greatly these past few years and i wouldn't risk my life just to visit a country.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it would make a difference on those particular countries which are facing those terror attacks/incidents for sure. Like one of the most visited states of my country Jammu&Kashmir is under regular attacks from sponsored terrorism by separatists has been totally cut off and the tourism which used to be the backbone of the state is seriously crippled.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    These terror attacks are surely dampening people's appetite for travel. It can happen anywhere and not just in countries where the terrorists are openly increasing their presence. But it will definitely hurt countries that are specific targets of terrorist groups. On the other hand, this may boost local tourism for other countries that are not directly affected. I, for one, would prefer to just take a road trip to nearby destinations to unwind instead of travelling to other countries.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. It is so true. Even when we were planning our last vacation my father said he will not take to any other place other than our hometown as once when he went on an official tour he got stuck in the place because of terrorist activity there near his office. We were all too scared that something will happen to him and luckily he escaped with not a wound. The terrorist activity scares us all to explore new places around the world.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs I am in marketing profession and traveling for years in distant areas from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and Gujarat to Assam and the danger of terrorism is increasing by the day. There is not a single day when we do not face this in our country. I am living in another country right now but hear about such instants on daily basis. And this problem is extended to other countries especially in European countries.

11. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    Yes, random acts of terror do have a negative effect on people's desire to visit the affected place. People have become very cautious about travelling now a days. They carefully pick their destination where they see at least risk of an attack or a situation that might get them stranded for a while. For eg. The number of people visiting Kashmir has drastically come down due to rising tensions between India and Pakistan. Tourism of any place gets highly affected due to random acts of terror.

12. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 What you have said is so true and it is increasing not only in our country but also around the world and I feel pity for all the young minds who were easily influenced by the terrorists to join them. My heart sinks to read the news of innocent blood spills. :(:(

13. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    The UK has suffered with several terror attacks recently. It is always either in our capital city London or in other large cities where they know they will maim and kill a lot of people. If I hear of an attack in another country it does put me off but I know that thinking like this means that the terrorists are winning and we can't let that happen.

I wonder how it is affecting our tourist trade as I'm sure many people are afraid of coming here with so many attacks. I'm afraid to turn on the TV at the moment for fear of hearing about another vile attack either here or somewhere else in the world.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 Just imagine the situation of our country where it has become almost a daily routine. There is not a single day when some or the other part of our country is not hit by a major terror attack. I know there have been increased incidents in The UK and other European countries in recent times but the all will be fewer combined together compared to what we suffer in our country in a month.

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Certainly or absolutely it is. The safety assurance of every traveler or tourist for that matter is the utmost concern of anyone. The presence or imminent danger that may be prevalent to a certain place would endanger the lives of the travelers. Likewise, the tourism business of that country wherein the prevailing terrorism exists is greatly affected. It would surely down for anyone won't dare to visit that place.

16. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @ Ray1 Yes it must be terrible to live in a country which is contantly attacked and I feel for all the innocent lives that are taken as result of these heinous acts. I realise that our attacks are small compared to yours.but it still puts the fear of God into me.

17. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    The first question I asked myself when I saw the topic of this question was, ''Would I love to visit a place ruled by terror and not administration?'' The answer was an obvious 'No' just the second I asked myself that. Terrorism is a negative factor/issue not only to the visitors (tourism) but it also affects the citizens themselves. Personally, I would't love nor enjoy to those war-filled countries or the countries associated with high terrorism cases. Who would like to live their country and never come back??:D:D:D:D

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @DavidLee@DavidLee actually the terror in our country is sponsored by a group of countries belonging to a particular religious group which manages to divert the mind of that religious community living in our country in a very large number. It's nothing new or unknown to most of you as most of us are suffering from the same section of terror group. The only difference is that we live closer to them and we are on their priority list.

19. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 I feel sorry for you and those guys exposed much to terror activities/ gangs. To live with such fear that you might be a next target or you aren't on a safe ground really ain't a nice feeling. But I've always told people in forums that to curb such factors/effects of terrorism is by the stand/act of the community but not the government. Most affected countries have never taken this step as the core factor to curb this tragic situation! Like in your case, you say that ''you live closer to them'' this should make you take a step to call like a meeting with other men to discuss about this and a way forward to curb this. You might even find out your village members or kids are involved with and hence you might have an easy chance to approach and solve this than the enforcement a government can bring which takes time and force-brings out more losses.

#19Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  20. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @DavidLee@DavidLee the matter is far more serious than what a person who has no idea about the same. It's not a small group of terrorists but organized and on a very large scale. You can imagine the seriousness of the problem that they mostly target army, police and para-military forces besides innocent citizens in sensitive areas including international borders of our country. Our PM is in The US today and he had a talk with Trump in this matter-