Why would my cat vomit?

Discussion in Pets started by dieselfit • Jan 14, 2014.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Just a few days ago my cat vomited. He's never done this before and his droppings look normal. He was sleeping when randomly I heard some noises which led me to the scene of his vomit on the couch. That's all he did and he's been fine since then. It was sort of brownish, does anyone have any experience with this? He's been on the same cat food for the past week so it can't be that.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From what I've heard, cats can vomit if they consume their food damn too quickly. I don't how that can make them vomit but well. . .it happens. If maybe that's not the cause and the cat vomits again even if it eats it's food slowly, then it could be an indication that the cat has some infection of some sort that may require medical attention.

3. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    That is interesting! I've never heard of that and I've done some research on this. I know cats vomit from fur-balls too but it wouldn't come out as vomit right? I never knew that they can eat too fast, I mean cats are cats so I thought they could really survive any speed with eating lol! He hasn't vomited since I asked this question so I'm he's fine. We were thinking of getting rid of him for other reasons but we just wanted to make sure he was healthy first!

4. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    This may sound gross, but what was the texture of the vomit? If it is chunky it is most likely from eating food too fast. Often hairballs can look like vomit, it might possibly be that.

5. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    Typically this is just a food covered fur ball, and it's incredibly common and unlikely to be something to worry about. Actually, I've read that if your cat starts vomiting as a reaction to food you've been feeding it for quite a long time, it may be that your cat has developed an allergy to the food, and you may just need to change it up.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My cat usually vomits when he has an empty stomach and he drank water, because his stomach got invaded by the cold water. His vomit has a thin consistency and the color is like dark yellow leaning to brown. Maybe that's what happened to your cat?