Why Does France Do Everything Like Its Art?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by FolkArtist • Mar 9, 2017.

1. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like the french people do everything like its a art form, including cuisine,cinema,and just plain living everyday life?
    They even seem to raise kids a lot better as well,and they do come from some great art backgrounds.

I think french people have more conviction when they tell their kids what to do, but they say its not the tone of voice or yelling. The days are just structured better to get things done during their day,and the kids day, amounts to having some patience as well. Constant playing or entertaining the kid is frowned upon, and independence is taught more in this way. I think American parents could strive for this as well and add some of these techniques to their everyday routine?

#1Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    If you could have elaborated with examples on how exactly French parenting differ from others we could have learnt a bit from them.

I think a culture in a society matters and has a significant role in a childs upbringing. If people all around you pray before having a meal, naturally you and the child are bound to do the same just citing an example.

I guess that's how they cultural practice may be and that's why it reflects on everything they do.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think the way French people go about raising their children is more integrated into a more adult kind of schedule, instead of the American way, of letting the kids take over your entire day, is absent in the French culture. French kids are taught that manners are important and they should say "please", "thank you", to show others have feelings too.

Another thing about the French style of parenting, is that they don't have seperate kid's food. Picky eating is not that acceptable in France with the kid, and over time, they are taught to cultivate different foods. Independence is also encouraged,and children as young as seven, often are responsible enough to walk to school or take public transportation alone.

#3Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well they do really have their own style when it comes to most everything, but I would say that it is good being artistic versus the opposite. As long as it is well designed and looks appealing I can get on board.

5. Anna223

Anna223New Member

Threads:
    I like it!