Why Can't You Use Paypal For Everything Online?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Jasmine2015 • Oct 9, 2015.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use my Paypal debit card on Amazon without any problems. There are other pay services that you maybe able to use like Payoneer, one of the companies I work with pay us online through Payoneer and we do have debit cards that can be used to make purchases.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am actually not too sure about why all online transactions or business do not use Paypal. I have been online earning for quite some years now, and the reason for that has never presented itself to me. I am assuming that it would be much easier to control and look after funds with Paypal than it would be with customers or clients paying you via credit card or Visa.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    PayPal used to be part of eBay, but they have parted ways, at least on paper. I've heard the people at the top are still close, but the companies now function separately. It does make it more difficult for some transactions, such as a recent return I had. I'd never had any issues with returns (not that I return a lot of items, but the one or two I'd handled had gone much more smoothly prior to the split up) until I had one several months back. I used PayPal as usual for payment, and I didn't have enough in my PayPal account, so part or all of it was pulled from my backup source, which is my bank account, and was expected. However, when the return was processed, they applied those funds to my Paypal Credit Available, rather than returning it to my bank account. I wasn't happy about it, since I had expected the funds to go back into my bank account, but I certainly learned from it.

@DreekLass@DreekLass I do the same thing when I'm doing website tests. I always let the company know that PayPal is my preferred payment method and that I'm disappointed that it's not available. I tell them the truth, that almost everyone I know pays via PayPal when shopping online.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? I had had no idea that Paypal and Ebay were both a part of the same company at one time. I had known that they were in cahoots, as when you go to buy anything from ebay they thoroughly encourage you to pay through your paypal account for safety reasons. But that makes more sense than it already had now that I know that they were part of the same company. If Paypal payment methods are not available on certain sites, I try to find sites where it i.

5. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I have one of the Paypal debit cards and have had it for probably five years now. You can use it anywhere that accepts debit cards, and it just takes off the balance just like it would if you were purchasing right through Paypal.

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is best suited to medium sized businesses and buyers. One of the reasons for not consistently using Paypal is that they lock counts at the slightest suspicion and they could take long to remedy the situation. This renders one's funds inaccessible. Their support is also not reliable. Their numbers rarely go through and when they do, responses are poor. Paypal is also highly vulnerable to fraud and can refund goods to a customer even after they have paid.

7. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Generally all major stores accept paypal and if they don't they do accept regular cards. I think its best that all stores do not accept paypal because that ensures that in case someone hacks your paypal account, you don't get bumped too bad.

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would be wonderful if you were able to use PayPal for everything, because it is so much quicker than having to input your card details into a system every single time you want to make a payment for something. But there must be a good reason that it is not offered in all cases. Or I would assume so anyway. Perhaps the fees aren't always worth it for the vendor unless they are of a certain size?

9. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I ran into that problem as well when I was looking for shoes on Amazon. Back then, all I have is a verified PayPal account that still had a hefty balance. I was willing to sacrifice even though the shipping cost is higher than the cost of the product. It's not a good attitude for a shopper but sometimes when you want it, you want it. Anyway, my brother was able to avail a Globe AmEx (American Express) through Globe Telecom here in the Philippines and he linked it to PayPal. He often uses it to purchase digital products and he told me that if I ever want something delivered, Globe AmEx also gives a physical address in the states where purchases overseas can be delivered then it will be delivered here to the Philippines. I haven't tried this though. I'm still saving up.

10. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    PayPal is a reversible-payment currency which can be used for both good and bad things.
    For example; you are a legitimate buyer and you bought a coat for $100. However, coat did not arrive even after the seller reassured you it would be there. You can easily open a dispute and get your money back no fuss.

However, this can also be used for illegal situations and money laundering.
    For example; you are a buyer you purchased the same coat mentioned above for the same price. The coat arrived, you unpacked it and wore it for like half a week. Then you decided you don't think it was worth $100. So you simply file a fake unauthorised transaction claim and in case you win it, the seller will lose the money and you will get to keep both your coat and your money.

That's why not many companies favour PayPal as a payment option. Though, it would also be irritating for these days a store not being able to accept a payment via PayPal. So it's kind of two faces of the same coin.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    That is what I am talking about. I love how Paypal has been around forever, but they are still not the leaders with paying online. Not too many stores accept them. I wish more stores would let you buy wit Paypal and then let you pick up.

12. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    Hello steph84,

To be honest, PayPal as online payment gateway is quite the top. Even though not many stores accept PayPal, it is pretty much becoming the standard due to the demand and that's why it's, as I previously mentioned, quite the top.

13. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have recently acquired a debit card and I was trying to link it with Paypal. But I can't link it since the platform keeps rejecting my request stating that I should use another debit card. Paypal has a high credibility rating and some online sites don't have other payment methods. Does Paypal link debit cards? However, I think the best Paypal alternative is Skrill, formerly Moneybookers.

14. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    Hello remnant. It looks like your account has increased security risk. I would recommend you to call PayPal support and ask them to allow you to link your debit card to to PayPal.

I had a similar issue with adding a bank account a week ago. It kept rejecting my bank account until I called PayPal and they changed some back-end configurations on my account.

15. Marsha Hall

Marsha HallNew Member

Threads:
    I don't use PayPal at all.