Who Is The Best Internet Provider?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by hummingbirdee • Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    I also use a local phone company for my DSL. My land line also messes up all the time.

2. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I have comcast and it's okay. It would be a lot better if they didn't cheat you on the bandwidth. What they do is give you about 30 seconds of the speed that you signed on for, and then it drops down to about half of that speed. They call it "power boost" or something equally ridiculous. So, for normal surfing you get the impression of the speed they promised, but at soon as you stream or start downloading something that lasts longer than 30 seconds, they throttle it down to 50% of what they promised.

My upload speeds have never been close to what they claim they're providing.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Verizon, definitely, or at least for my area. I had Comcast for a few years, but the reception got worse for each month that passed and the support that was given to me every time i tried to call was just horrible.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK I think Sky are the best, I'm with BT at the moment but as soon as my contract expires I will be moving to Sky to take advantage of their cheaper prices, higher usage allowances and faster speed.

5. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with O2 Home Broadband here in the UK and their service is great. Anytime I've had a problem they've located and rectified it as soon as they possibly can, in most cases, within 24 hours. It's just a shame that the Broadband Service has now been sold off to Sky, as I was with them before and was disappointed in their "high-speed service", which in reality gave me a lower speed than I am currently getting with O2's lowest plan!

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's hard for me to judge who is the best internet provider because I am far from the internet exchange in my area, thus my internet speed will never be fast no matter who is providing the internet. The only solution would be to move elsewhere.

7. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    TWC is definitely not.
    I'm thinking once Google fiber comes out, they will be the best isp.

8. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    I also use a local phone company for my DSL. My land line also messes up all the time.

9. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    The original poster didn't mention a location, so here are a few options;

In the UK, I think Virgin Media are the best. They have a fairly high speed and have constantly given free upgrades as they update their network. It's been reliable with very little downtime and there's no bandwidth cap.

In the US, I hear great things about Google Fiber in the few places that it's been released. Of course this may change as more places are included due to extra traffic causing slower speeds and more issues.

On the slim chance you're in Korea, Korea Telecom (KT) is decent enough. Good speeds, fairly reliable. Their English service is pretty terrible, but their competitions don't even have it.

10. burdianex

burdianexNew Member

Threads:
    It does depend alot on what service providers are avaialble in your area. But right now through Connect Your Home which is an authorized retailer for DISH Network, DirecTV, HughesNet, Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, Time Warner and Charter they can help you find which service is provided in your area. They have a comcast package for $19/mo. with download speeds up to 15Mbps with Powerboost.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used BT and Sky. I wouldn't recommend either because my internet speed is not great, although that is due to being far from the exchange in my area. Sky offers good value for money if you have a good connection in your area.

12. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    that depends on lacality and the area specificness and network coverage in my area reliance is the best internet service provider

13. davidexct

davidexctNew Member

Threads:
    In my country, India, Airtel is the best internet service provider. I personally use its fixed line and 4G network on my mobile phone. It is somewhat expensive but it has great quality and that's why I don't think before renewing its plan.
    Airtel has got a very strong network coverage as a result I never face any delay in my work due to internet problems.

14. zero26800

zero26800New Member

Threads:
    It will always depend on what's available to you. As far as who is the best, Google Fiber by far. But that will depend on where you are located. Next in line verizon VIOS. Its expensive but its fast and reliable. From there everyone else has about the same reliability as the next guy. AT&T is what i currently use because it was the best deal, but it gives me about the same quality as Time Warner, Comcast, etc.... So really there are the two best, then everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.