Who Are The Real Scammers In Amazon – Sellers Or Buyers?

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by luckycharm • Oct 6, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Recently there are reports of people being scammed through Amazon in strange ways. Those who already paid for iPhone 7 got a box of clay! The buyer also posted an image of clay in review section. But actually why would a seller try this method as he already knows it evidently attracts negative reviews!

But here it is the buyer who play the role of a scammer. On receiving the packet they take out the real mobile phone and fill the box with clay, then take a picture and post it on Amazon. But how does the buyer benefit out of it? That is really simple; in such cases buyer can open a A-Z Guarantee claim against the seller. In most of the cases the final verdict would be in favor of the buyer (scammer).

I think it is high time for Amazon to take strict measures against such scams. Otherwise it would be the end of this renowned online shopping site.

2. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow... That's really bad i mean this kind of they are going good and they should be strict now. Otherwise buyers of their business competitor can plan this kind of scammed. Some people it called business tricks, whatever its really cheap by the way.

3. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Well you know people get bored these days, so they think of something creative like "Let's try and scam someone off Amazon". People these days, really! Honestly, whatever security measures you implement, for sure people with their creativity they would still be able to find ways to trick someone. Just think of Escrow, they have a pretty neat service but despite how extensive they are with security there are still scammers out there who can outsmart smart people. The only way I think you can avoid scam is of course to research the product or service you are paying for and read the profile of the person or company selling the items, if you think everything is good then go with your guts. On the other-hand, if you are the Seller, the best way you can prevent scammer buyers is to make sure the product you are selling are properly documented and you should provide service your customer deserves.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    This is a terrible piece of information, what on earth would make a buyer condescend so low to try rubbish the good reputation of that great marketing site Amazon. This shouldn't be handled with kid gloves as it has the great potential to crumble a business. Amazon should take very strict actions against scammers posing as buyers, hand them over to law enforcement agents. I can't imagine someone can be this fraudulent.