Which Online Retailers Offer Free International Shipping?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Sep 4, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of people who'd like to buy stuff they need online because so they can save some money but the shipping costs being prohibitively high forces them to buy what they need from local stores at ridiculously high prices.

Are there any stores that offer free international shipping? I know there'll be some conditions but question is are there any online retailers who do it?

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    There are and in fact so many that it would be hard to list them all - however although the majority do all offer free international shipping its generally only if the total order comes to a set amount.

Unfortunately - much as this may sound like a good thing - there is a catch - in that - its not always quite as good a bargain as many may think - especially as - because import duties, taxes and charges are not the responsibility of the seller and are therefore not included in the shipping cost - it is usually the buyer's responsibility to pay them - which as customs regulations and duties vary from country to country as well as from point of entry - it can more often than not become a costly expense - as the import duties combined with the price of the goods - usually work out at way more than the original purchase price of the goods or in some cases - way, way more than you would have paid had you bought the item or items at a local store.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I have come across 2 online shops that have free shipping. One is amazon.com. At amazon.com it is indeed free shipping with purchase of $35 or more and only on the items that has free shipping. When you shop amazon.com you'll see many different kinds of items on sale. As you inspect the item you'll find that it says free shipping over $35. This kind of shipping comes the slowest way and it'll reach you though and in good condition usually. It works the same way with Walmart.com. I've purchased from both and it is really free shipping you pay nothing else but the sales tax. Be careful here for there have been some changes internationally for paying some sort of tariff, tax or both. Check before you click purchase and ask customer service before you do the final click of purchase when the invoice is made then you'll be able to ask away and get the answers to all your questions. What's good to know if the online shop is BBB approved or not or Google Trusted Store. Good luck and happy shopping.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cannot think or imagine any company would give free international shipping because of the legalities involved. Customs on both sides would incur costs and that's why companies have depots in various countries to get around this, and fulfillment is done in Europe, Asia or the Americas. The seller doesn't have to tell you anything, because as the buyer it's your responsibility and has nothing to do with the seller.

Living in the UK I would order from the US and the shipping was always high, but free in the US, so I would get it sent to my aunt who would then send it onto me. It would be hard to offer free shipping internationally as companies would lose money as often shipping costs more than the order value.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Only Chinese stores offer free shipping and some international sites like

. I have shopped in

and

and the shipping is free worldwide. Those are all Chinese stores. Don't forget Ebay, the Chinese sellers there mostly offer free shipping.

6. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    To be fair - I don't think that is strictly true - as although its true that many online Chinese stores do offer free international shipping - there are also a large number of online stores from other countries such as the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand and India to name but a few - that also offer free international shipping and many offer extremely good deals too.

In fact if looking to buy goods from all over the world with free international shipping - this would be a very good place to start

as not only are there hundreds of different online stores from every country imaginable - some of which are well known household names - but as there are always discounts and coupons being offered there is always the chance to save even more money on whatever you are looking to purchase

Oh and if wanting to keep up their latest news - they are also on Facebook too

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree with Sidney, I've tried some of those sites before and their free shipping is a good option if you don't mind waiting a while to get your item. Also, if you do want to get your items quicker then you could just select the premium shipping option, but for me it's not entirely necessary since it does cost a bit and I think just waiting for your items and saving a small expense is better and more practical.

8. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I am glad to read this thread. I always don't like or dare to purchase things online as the shipping cost is always very expensive, especially I always like to get the stuff from U.S. The only online store I always like to purchase things from is Book Depository, as they offer free shipping worldwide. Though sometimes the books are slightly more expensive than Amazon, without shipping cost, it saves me a lot. I will check out the other sites and see if there are something useful for me too. Thanks for sharing!