Which Mosquito Control Method Do You Use?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Kiama • Sep 19, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I also come from a country where mosquito bites are an annoying issue too. I don't like to use mosquito net and also mosquito repellent coil too. I have tried the power guard product you mentioned, with a few brands, and another type of electric mosquito repellent product which emits light to attract the mosquitoes. I also tried to use essential oil. I think they worked for a while, but then stopped working. I am not sure if the mosquitoes here are just too smart or I haven't find the right product to get rid of them. I used to turn on air con, but it isn't a good idea. Now we just put the fan to full blast and hopefully the mosquitoes won't get to bite us too much. :p

I am interested to find out more about anti-mosquito sonic repellent and hope it works.

2. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    I normally use mosquito nets because that is cheap in my area where they are provided for free because of the high rate of malaria infection. Though I have heard of the mortein doom but I don't use it due to its effects in the long run.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest when we live from home we use cream to rub our body, but in the house we use spray against the mosquito, and we never had any problems to be stabbed by them, of course, we also have mosquito nets to our windows and doors so we do not have too many in the house.

4. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Mosquito is a real problem where I come from. When you go to the hospital, you find that 50% of the patients there are down with malaria. That how bad it is.

I use insecticide sprays in the evening around the house before bedtime. The windows are lined with nets and I also make sure they are closed in the evenings as that's the time the mosquitoes start getting ready for their feast.

It's almost normal to be down with malaria around here. Which to me is dreadful.

5. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @Kiama@Kiama Mosquitoes LOVE me for some reason, and I am highly-allergic to their bites, so the best way to avoid them is to simply limit my time outdoors when it's damp, warm, rainy, and especially at night. My Dad is a big fan of "Off" spray, but the smell kind of makes me sick...and unless you really, really shower afterwards, that smell sticks to you, even when you're trying to sleep. They've also said certain perfume-y scents from Mary-Kay are a good mosquito-repellent, but I haven't tried them yet. Right now, it's Fall over here and mosquitoes are a thing of the past (for now anyway.) :D Oh but they'll be BACK in a few months, and that's when I return to my room. To keep my indoor cats safe, I make sure I tape up each and every possible opening on my screen, because mosquitoes can and will find any way into the house, and that's when they can do some pretty good feeding on you, when you're trying to sleep. Ever notice how they purposely wait until it's super-quiet and all the lights are out? Also, I do everything possible NOT to kill a mosquito. I just feel too bad about it. They're hard to catch, even more difficult than spiders. But I have a plastic glass and a post card and that's how I trap them and send them back out into the wild outside. I need to to keep them away from me <myself> and my cats. A mosquito bite can cause heartworm in cats.

#25Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2017
  6. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Guess I'll have to switch to the traditional way of deterring mosquito bites, the good old fashioned way of doing it- the mosquito net. Well, I've been using the mosquito coil for some time now but suddenly struck with this cough from out of nowhere. I suspected I might have gotten it from the smoke coming from the coil maybe. Still observing, but then the idea of using the mosquito net hits me. So there, might as well try it or maybe some other method.