Which Gym Equipment Can Be Made At Home?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Athanas • Oct 30, 2017.

1. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Fitness is a very important aspect in one's life. Others take exercise as part of their therapy recommended by health practitioners. However,paying for the gym may be expensive, especially if it is far from an individual's residence.You will agree with me that home made gym saves a lot. For instance, a punching bag can be easily made at home. You will only need sand, a bag and a rope. Fill the bag with sand and tie it with a rope, then hang it somewhere. Start kicking. Anybody with suggestions on how we can make any gym equipment at home to save money?

2. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    It would also cost you a few cash compared to what you would pay for gym monthly membership to construct a dumbells and crunches bench. All you need to do is, go to some of the mechanic workshop around your area and ask them for some of the spare scrap iron they don't use anymore.

Take them to a welding man working around your vicinity too and he would fix a dumbell up for you, including the crunches bench.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would check out some of the DIY Gym Equipment videos on YouTube,because you could follow totally what they do- or it would give you some great ideas to make your own gym equipment as well. I was looking at some of these videos and found them very fun to watch,but it would of course depend on the amount of money you want to spend-or you may have some of the material just sitting in your shed or garage, that you could use for your DIY gym-equipment project. The video below is a good simple idea for making some weights you could lift.

4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, this YouTube video is truly amazing, it's definitely going to be vent helpful in one making his or her home work out equipment. This method is definitely cost effective in building one's gym equipment.

I think that I would be taking a page out of this YouTube video clip and set up some of my own home gym equipment.

5. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks FolkArtist for the educative video. It has shed light to most of us who like doing physicals but fear the expenses. The video has really encouraged us on how to opt for homemade remedies for gym and save money.

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Well you can get two medium sized paint cans, sand, cement, and a metal pipe. you mix the sand and cement with water and pour it in one of the cans. Stick the pipe in while the mixture is still soft. Once the mixture is dry and hard enough, you can mix more of the cement, sand, and water then put it in the second can, now stick the other end of the pipe in the can. Once it's dry, you have a dumbbell.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think sandbag is a great fitness tool which could easily made at your home without much efforts. All you need is a sturdy leather or artificial leather bag and required amount of sand and you're ready to go. Sand bag is mostly used by boxers and kick boxers but the knowledgeable people know that it's one of the best methods of increasing stamina. Once you have set your sandbag you are ready to toss and swing as you wish.

8. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    @FolkArtist@FolkArtist Thanks for sharing the link to the video it is very informative.

@Athanas@Athanas I have come to learn how to make a punching bag from your post. I am not sure if dumbbells can be made at home but you can replace it with an object which has the same effect. I remember carrying 2 five litre bottles and trying to imitate those who carry dumbbells.

You can also choose to invest on elliptical trainors instead of going to the gym. It has both the treadmill and exercise bike. Two machines in one. ;)