Where Do You Keep Your Pet?

Discussion in Pets started by Corzhens • Jun 20, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have 3 dogs who are kept inside The House. One sleeps in the living room and the 2 sleeps in our bedroom. Several years back, we had a rock pigeon that stayed inside the house. She had nested by the bedroom door so she claimed that area as her territory for 5 years. The pigeon had bonded with the dogs although sometimes they do mock fights.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our cat used to be an outdoor cat, and he was kept in a cage and he was just let out occasionally. Now we made him an indoor cat, and it seems that he also knows to get out of the house when he needs to poo or pee. Our dog is also an outside dog, and he is inside a cage too.

3. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    We currently live in an apartment, so obviously we keep our only Shih Tzu dog within it. I wouldn't want stray dogs from outside to tear him apart, lol.

But we have also managed to build a house in a rather quiet area, so our dog will have the chance of delighting in fresh air soon!!!

4. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    Living in an apartment, i have to keep my cat indoor all the time. Every time I tried taking her out she would get scared and run back and climb the stairs until the apartment. I guess she just got used to this, no point in trying to make her do something she wouldn't want. She's pretty happy sleeping on my bed or on my chair... or even on my clothes. Oh well.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will only have pets that can roam free within my home. No cages or tanks, I think it's cruel. We have cats and I'll also do my best to keep them indoors.. as much as they should naturally be roaming free outside, they're domesticated now and the streets are no longer safe for them.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like Josie, I hate locking up pets.

My pets lives as they would in the wild. I've got a big kennel outside where the dogs can sleep at night if they want to but they never step inside the kennels except during the day when they can't stand the heat. Happy pets they are.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My cat exclusively stays in my room unless nobody is home in the rest of the house, and then she sleeps wherever she wants to in here. We then have to dogs, one of which sleeps in a crate in his owner's room, and then another that sleeps with his owners. As long as the pets behave, then they can pretty much sleep wherever they want to as long as they're not in the way or making a mess in some way. At least two of them are well-behaved at the moment.

8. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My cat is indoor/outdoor. She’ll spend most of her day outside, only coming in to eat, and her nights are mostly inside, only going out to do her business. I don’t live near any major roadways, so I can get away with it. If I did, though, I would definitely keep a cat indoor only.

9. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have two cats and they are strictly indoor cats. They have their shelves which are attached to the window ledge so they can lay and enjoy the sun whenever they want. They are quite content. They never look to go outside. I could never have an outdoor cat because I would be worried all the time about where they were. I wouldn't rest until they were safe back at home.

I live in the city and there is a lot of traffic. I always see these cats running around and it stresses me out. I am always scared that one is going to get hit by a car. I guess some people just don't feel the same way when it comes to their cats.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's the first I've heard of someone having a pet pigeon and allowing them to nest inside their house like that. At most, we would often get birds nesting in the bushes right by our front windows - which was kind of cool because you could just open the window and see right into their nests.

We've kept almost all of our pets over the years indoors. When I was really young, we had adopted a small white poodle mix, and at the time my parents had a large fenced in garden in our backyard. They also designated a spot in that garden to put a dog house for our dog, since she seemingly wanted to be an "outside" dog. That ended up not working out well at all because the kids in the neighborhood kept coming by and teasing her, throwing rocks and stuff at her to make her bark. She ended up becoming very aggressive towards everyone, and the rare occasion we brought her indoors she would tear up the house. She also bit and clawed me several times, and I was only like 8 at the time, and my folks were getting really worried about her attacking me.

Ultimately we had to give her away to one of my dads friends, who had a large fenced in property where she could run around and wear out her aggressiveness.

11. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our pigeon chose the nesting place. When she was able to get inside our house, she roamed around as if she was living there. And then she climbed the stairs and surveyed the area. That night, our pigeon stayed in the corner of the second floor beside the door of our bedroom. She would be roaming around the house at daytime and sleeping in that corner at night until a few weeks after, she laid her first egg.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dog sleeps in my bed and watches TV on the couch with me. He has his own bed but only uses it when I'm gone all day. I sometimes come back in the evening and find him using his dog bed. But if I'm home, he wants to be the baby and sleep with me.

13. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    We have two dogs. A large one, and a smaller one. The large one usually stays outside while the smaller one, a maltese, stays with us inside the house. However, during times of thunderstorm, or during the New Year, we let our larger dog inside the house because they can't stand the sudden loud noises coming from thunder and firecrackers.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, so far, our household only has one pet, and that is fish. Well, there are two fish, of different types, living in one fish tank. We don't have any other pets in our household, although we have been thinking about getting a rabbit or a cat that we'd prefer to keep outside. The fish that we have obviously live in the fish tank, which lives in the lounge.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own a cat and a dog,and both live inside the house. They have access to the living and dining room, the balcony and kitchen. We will close the doors to the bathroom and bedrooms so they don't make a mess on those places. But they have a nice space during the day, considering both are small sized.