What's your favorite charity?

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by Jessi • Apr 12, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favourite 'charity' is the labour movement. Charity is pointless if it doesn't change the causes of all of our problems, the system itself! Supporting the labour movement and the struggle for a new society is the best charity you can commit to as it will solve the root cause of the problem.

2. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I have no particular favourite on charity but I always wanted to help those people with learning disabilities. I do feel bad for them, it must have been so hard not just for the family but specially for people who have those type of illness. I dont mind RSPCA as well for animals.

3. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite charity is Marios Do Right Foundation

. OUR MISSION
    The Mario Do Right Foundation was established in 2007 by Grammy Award nominated singer, songwriter and actor Mario Barrett in an effort to educate and inspire youth adversely affected by drug or alcohol abuse in the home. I try to donate something on holidays.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of these charities are symptoms of a decaying system which can no longer serve humanity. The best charity you can give to is the fight to replace this system with a harmonious and democratic one which will serve us all.

5. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite charities are CARA (

) and PALS (

). They are animal rescue groups in the Philippines. There are lots of abandoned, neglected and abused animals in the Philippines and these 2 are among the most active ones there is. Their members are so dedicated in giving these animals the best care they can get as much as possible and I commend them for everything they are doing.

6. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    The Red Cross & United Way are two of my favorite charities. I've traveled to many different countries and The Red Cross is all over the place helping out. I really admire the work they do. The American Cancer Society is another one that's on my top 3 list of charities.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Red Cross has been rated highly by many charity watchdog groups and by all accounts they are very ethical and trustworthy.
    There's a certain charity that features Sally Struthers in their commercials that is getting bad reviews because they charge an expensive handling fee on any size donation and their mission is unclear.
    I would feel safer donating to Red Cross because the evidence of what they do is everywhere and you constantly see them in action whenever natural disasters happen.

8. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite chairty is still Child's Play, which is a charity related to video-games. Really incredible what the community can do when it comes to help others.

9. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    This is my favorite charity too. I do think that a lot of gamers are biased in our favorite charity because the easiest way to support it is through buying video games in certain places though! I definitely like that they let people who otherwise wouldn't be able to, enjoy video games though.

10. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I do donate to the childrens charities. The Shriners or the Ronald McDonals house. I also donate to the animal shelters. My only concern is that there may be a question as to where the money really goes. I refer more to the larger charites than a local one. I have heard rumors that alot of the charities do not in fact distribute the money like they should. Or as people had intended.

But I am certainly not bashing on giving to charities. I just have heard rumors of certain companies and it makes me wonder.

11. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    I donate to the Red Cross because they reunited my grandfather's family after WWII, and Amnesty International. I also donate food to my local food bank, or put it on Craigslist if the food bank won't take it for some reason. Same thing with cleaning out the house; either things go to the local thrift store or on Craigslist. There's always somebody who would be happy to take it.

12. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I donate to childrens charities who are suffering from cancer, and other diseases. My own brother passed away from Leukemia, so it made me realize how important it is to help all of our children in this world, and try to save their lives. I'm also signed up to be a bone marrow donor at Be the match.com(bone marrow registry) I also will give someone on the street who looks homeless something if I am able to.

13. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I like the Children International. There was a time in my life that I'm searching for something, but I can't figured it out. It seems my life doesn't have a purpose. Everything is a routine. I will wake up, go to work then go home. Then one time, when I was in the room of my patient I saw an advertisement of this Children International. Then when I got home I do some research then decided to try. The feeling is overwhelming. Finally, I saw myself doing something good. It motivates me to work harder. I'm not saying I'm helping because I have a lot, but give back to others because I'm really blessed. That even my life is not at its best, mine is still better compare to some.

14. twistedyees87

twistedyees87New Member

Threads:
    I love trying to help St Jude's Hospital for children. Its a great cause that does a great thing for children all over the world. I wish I had more money to donate more.

15. fishbowl

fishbowlNew Member

Threads:
    Canucks Place is an organization for children more or less in palliative care. It's an amazing place, my cousin had cerebral palsy and spent her last days there. Stars from the Vancouver Canucks hockey team visit frequently.

16. kmo1484

kmo1484New Member

Threads:
    My favorite charity is Young at Heart pet rescue in Chicago. They save senior (7 yo+) animals from shelters where they will be euthanized just due to their age. They are one of the few senior rescues I have ever come across and they have saved so many amazing cats and dogs!

17. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have always donated furniture to ARC in the past, however right now I am most intersted in charities that I can help with from home and money isn't involved. If I had money, I would donate, but since I don't, I can't. However, there are two charities that I am really interested in right now. One I just learned about a couple of days ago and it's called A Monster to Love. Two 12 year old boys and one dad started it and they make stuffed monsters to donate to children in hospitals and even in other countries. I am learning more about it because I love to make stuffed monsters and I think every child needs a unique and special stuffed animal to help get them through tough times.

Also, another one that is easy to do is called ConnKerr Cancer. People from all over the country make pillowcases in colorful kids colors and they take them to sick children in hospitals. It's something that I think is wonderful because kids that have to be in a hospital for a long time, well, it can be boring and lonely and a beautiful unique pillowcase might just help them sleep better, and know that they are special and loved. I have made a few pillowcases for them, but the closest drop off point is in Dallas and that is a very long drive for me so I want to wait until I have at least 100 to take to them.

If you are interested in either of these, here are there websites.

ConKerr Cancer is

Monster To Love is at

You can find out more about them at there sites and these are perfect for all the sewer's out there.

18. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I love donating to my favorite local orphanage. Just recently, my friends and I organized a simple program for the kids there where we sponsored a lunch meal for them and played games with them and gave them prizes that included school supplies and toys. We also put together all our old but usable clothes, shoes and toys for the kids. I love that orphanage because the people who run it are very kind and instantly opened their doors to us. The genuine look of happiness and gratitude on the kids' faces were priceless.

19. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I give to the Food Bank, Goodwill and Salvation Army mostly clothes and household goods. I do give my time to my church as often as I can. Now that Amazon has the Smile program I give a portion of my Amazon purchases thru the Smile program.