What should tourists take with them?

Discussion in Travel started by seaef6 • Dec 25, 2012.

1. seaef6

seaef6New Member

Threads:
    I think Power Bank to travel is good and smart choice!

2500mAh Leopard

Charge Batter for iPhone 4/4s Camera, Phones and Digital Devices

Descriptions:

100% brand new and high quality
    Durable, lightweight, ultra slim design
    Genuine Quality 2500mAh power charger external battery bank
    High capacity and high compatible
    Environmental friendliness and economic efficiency
    Powerful with long operation time, electricity-saving function
    Cool leopard design fashion and cute

2. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    International chargers for electronics and hair straighteners/blow dryers (for the ladies) are an absolute must. Also look into alternative charging methods for your camera in case it runs out of charge and you have to use a special type of wall charger to charge it. Cash is always good to carry around because credit cards may or may not work in some places, and you can just convert your money when you get to your destination. People always say to travel light, but it really is a good idea to bring what you need so you can avoid buying stuff you already have.

3. trebla

treblaNew Member

Threads:
    I think an unlocked phone will do. :d Of course, you should never forget the laptop,and all those gadgets you can't live without.

4. trebla

treblaNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to bring Visa, but then it is also important for a traveler to have some local currency on his pocket. Be sure to exchange some of your currencies when you're at the airport.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think most people take too much. I realised that when I went traveling through Asia, I bought loads of gear with me and I didn't need most of it. I now travel with the bare essentials and if I need something I buy it on my travels.

6. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    Traveler's checks, emergency money, and passport if needed.

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Lets see : An emergency contact sheet/card with a photo of yourself and important medical information such as allergies and health conditions
    A charger for multiple ports to charge your electronic appliances
    A credit card thats accepted worlwide
    Money in the currency of the country you are in
    Any medication you are taking and plenty of it should you be stranded where ever you are and cannot reach a pharmacy
    A compact first aid kit
    A map

That seems about right. Obviously the rest is common sense - camera, comfortable shoes, sunscreen etc

8. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I always bring any form of identification and cards as well. In case of emergency someone will figure who you are if you have got identifications. Money as well is a must.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some great tips in this thread. I would have never thought about the international charger.

I would add bug repellent to the list. I am very sensitive to bug bites, especially mosquitoes. I swell up like nobody's business.

10. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Of course make sure you bring your passport and proper visa required (if needed, check the country's embassy) if you are travelling overseas. Bring additional IDs too just in case. Make sure you call your bank/credit card company ahead and tell that you are travelling overseas and you are going to use your atm/credit card so they won't block your card. Money in that country's currency, although you can easily exchange currencies in the airport. For electronic gadgets, bring the chargers. Adaptors would be easily available to any electronic shops either in your country or the country you are going to. Check that you have your booking papers or documents for airline tickets, hotels and tours.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no idea what they should take maybe camera or a lot of clothes or some kind of gps so they won't get lost.

12. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    How about a Blackberry? Can I buy that? Video cameras are fine?

13. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't think taking international charges was important either but my brother and sister took their cameras and video gear with them and then they were not able to charge them. You can check with the hotel desk if they have ones you can borrow. In Singapore the hotel we were in loaned them to hotel guests. I also always bring cash, a debit card and a credit card just in case and its never in one wallet just in case. I also make sure the clothes I bring don't need to be pressed much. You really don't want to spend your vacation ironing. Some over the counter meds is also a must like something for a cold, allergies etc.

14. Small girl

Small girlNew Member

Threads:
    The life is modern with high technologies. It is necessary for us to travel with them. I think that an Iphone is enough.

15. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    I think you need to take patience with you for all those unexpected hiccups that are out of your control! A travel clothesline is a good idea for traveling in Europe as we found that laundromats are few and far between so you need to be able to wash and dry clothes in your room. My husband packed his Swiss Army knife too and that was very handy -just remember not to put it in your hand luggage.

16. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    A tourist should definitely have their passport with them, some of the local currency in their wallet, an international plug and a charger (ideally) that is able to charge all your gadgets. If they have a chronic illness: medication!

17. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    If you need to carry medication with you, make sure you have a letter from your doctor listing everything and carry it with your passport to produce at Customs if necessary. Some countries don't allow the same medicines as others without a letter of confirmation from a doctor.

18. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely think people should take their common sense, most don't. Besides that I would take my identification cards, phones, definitely a bank card. All electronics and chargers, anything necessary that's needed to survive.

19. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    A small dictionary is convenient if you don't speak the language especially for use in shops and restaurants.

20. coupon4layla

coupon4laylaNew Member

Threads:
    tourists staff

i totally agree! some spare clothes, money and credit cards, water and a map of desired destination. all else can be bought on the way...