What service provider are you with?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by Popatar • Apr 22, 2012.

1. Popatar

PopatarMember

Threads:
    Im currently on Rogers and for the most part its decent. Lately ive been having really slow connections though. I used to be with Bell but I had too much problems. A lot of my friends are switching to Tech Savy, anyone with them?

2. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    I currently use Verizon on the family plan and it has been pretty good but does have times when calls are garbled. I usually attribute that to solar flares which happens to everyone. As far as cost, under the family plan we receive "more bang for the buck" with free text messaging, free calls to each other in the family, etc. Checking it the different plans is the best way to go...

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I use something called Unifi. It's a fiber optic connection. There's a dedicated node in my building. The basic speed is 5mbps. That was pretty good. Then the company offered an upgrade option which is something like 'upgrade now and pay 3 months later'. So I upgraded to the maximum available which is 20mbps. The speed is fantastic. I can now download a dvd in less than 15 minutes.

4. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    We use Virgin Mobile's Broadband2Go. It is nice to be able to take it with me and we get a decent signal in most places. Right now we have the USB device but we are looking to upgrade to the MiFi which would let our whole house be wireless. We are on the $40 per month plan, but I think they took that away and it's now $50 per month. Still a pretty good deal for unlimited portable internet.

5. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I just swapped over to CSpire. I had been with Sprint for years, but get very little signal here at my home. I get unlimited voice, unlimited data, unlimited text, and 30 minutes of video streaming for $70 per month.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Time Warner Cable. They are our cable TV and Internet service provider. I really have no complaints or problems with them. It rarely goes down and that was when we had terrible winds. I set up a secure wifi network in the apartment. It very stable and really doesn't noticeably slow down when a few of us are using it.

7. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    Same here, I also use Time Warner Cable. Never had any problems with them.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Mine's called Fibertel. We don't have many providers available in here but this one is the most decent one. Together with Fibertel we also have Arnet, which is a complete piece of crap. It doesn't work for most of the day and it's extremely slow. We can't get rid of it as we got it through some kind of contract that can't yet be ended.

9. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    We don't use any big name provider. Our only real choice is the local place that mostly serves parts of Central North Georgia. They kind of have a monopoly and it sucks. We could get AT&T, but they're way worse in terms of price and customer service. I just wish we had the ability to shop around. Living in the boonies sucks, sometimes.

10. GOKuCommander

GOKuCommanderBanned

Threads:
    Mine is Bell Canada. It never goes down and is relatively cheap for internet TV and phone.

11. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I use Windstream, which is the only game in town where I live. The landline and internet bundle is just under $60.00, until all they extraneous taxes and fees are added in. Then the total is about $75.00

12. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I am currently on Access Communications, which uses Shaw. Access is located in Regina, Saskatchewan and services Saskatchewan. For just a local ISP they are really good, and have great service. I also have heard, and know people that say Sasktel is really good as well. Here in Sask, there are really those two, and nothing else.

13. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I use AT&T and for the most part, it'd pretty decent I guess. We're paying more for about 60 kilobytes per second when I have friends living two houses away with the same provider and cheaper bills who are getting 2 megabytes per second. I'm trying to talk my whole family into getting a new ISP.

14. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with Orange in the UK and I love them. I get signal almost anywhere, never have any problems with late receiving of text messages and the service has always been good for me. I doubt I'll switch for a long time.

15. xtinguish

xtinguishNew Member

Threads:
    I'm currently with Comcast and I'm loving it. I get great speed and I haven't had a whole lot of problems, yet. I had ATT before I switched and I got more downtime then uptime. I'm glad I made the switch!!

16. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I'm with Frontier in the USA. I get directv, phone and internet all in one bundle. The only thing though it ended up being a little more expensive than when I first got it and we really didn't get a big package on Directv. That's our only option for television right now. I guess Dish Network is cheaper but I will have to wait until my contract's up anyways.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have Verizon in the house. It's ok. No real problems.

18. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    We have Charter internet - it is the local cable company. Before that we had a dsl through the phone company. Charter has been much faster and more reliabl

19. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    The only people I can get is Comcast for internet... it's fast, but they rake me over the coals for it. I wish I could get DSL.

20. mikydiky

mikydikyNew Member

Threads:
    Currently, I have Verizon FiOS Internet at home. Their Internet speeds are very reliable and fast. The price is cheap and affordable. I have the 25/25 mbits plan but I often have 30/30mbits instead. Verizon's Internet is the best by far.