What movies do you generally avoid?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not fond of watching movies but for the genre that I avoid is the action movies. Give me 10 blockbuster action movies and I will point the impossible scenes to you. The Expendables is not in this genre because I treat is as comedy. But the Fast and Furious of Vin Diesel, there were lots of incredible scenes particularly the car that moved from one top floor of a building to another building, it's really crazy to believe. It's like I had wasted my money on the movie ticket which costs almost $5 which is very expensive here.

2. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I usually watch any movie I can get my hands into, unless it's a horror film or it's a movie made in the 60's. I do watch the Godfather movies though they are quite a bit old. Aside from those two, I watch anything from animated to movies that leave you saying "what the heck did I just watch? I felt like I lost 2 hours of my life watching that garbage."

3. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    I hate movies where they screw up balancing the character between dumb and naive. The first dumb and dumber was so great because the Harry and Lloyd were naive and oblivious not just outright stupid. The "stupid" humor was actually quite intelligent with double entendres and misdirections i.e. "Look at the butt on that. He must workout" or "nice pair of hooters you got there. The birds, they're beautiful." I miss those types of movies. I honestly think Will Farrell's rise in popularity really contributed to comedies just turning into more heavy handed stupid humor.

4. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I hate romantic movies because most of the romantic movies are the kind of nonsense. They are based on lie mostly to not to hate true love. Most of the super duper romantic movies are laying us but nothing else yeah that's fact they are entertaining and that's a plus point. I grew up by seeing many of romantic movies and serials but now i could judge them very well, while i am mature enough.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Me too. I dislike the movies that give puky feeling and with too much brutality. I avoid watching creepy, slimy or crawly movies while eating.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually love the whole Saw franchise. It was one of my favorite movie series. The story was well-written. What I avoid are those rom-coms and action movies, since those type of movies seem boring to me, but not all though. The Italian Job was one action movie that I liked.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid horror movies especially when I am watching with children around. Also I do not like watching movies full of sad moments. I like movies that brightens the moment with sweet mood and keep the watchers excited.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Oh I love horror movies @tonyb@tonyb - but to each their own of course. I think that I used to avoid horror movies, so I know what you are talking about, and I know that they are nothing all that great, but I like a cheap thrill.

9. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I hate those gruesome movies as well so I don't watch them because they cause me a lot of stress. If possible I want movies that will help me learn new stuff or entertaining ones that helps me relieve myself of stress.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid scary movies, I still get nightmares if I watch them. I know it's all fake but as you said they traumatize me. I can't stand seeing scary killers especially when they torture the victims. To say that I'm even scared of the dark because I feel like a killer would be behind me.

11. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    I maintain a strategic distance from merciless and vicious blood and guts movies. They give the most noticeably bad feeling that I would prefer not to observe any of them. I simply don't see what advantage it is to society to investigate all the psychopathic, dull, contorted, perverted potential outcomes to human life. I'm not into violence, particularly when joined with fiendishness whatever as well as the mysterious. It's only a misuse of my time and I esteem my mind cells.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to be very eclectic when it comes to movies, but speaking specifically about the "Musical" and "Western" genres... I keep as far away as possible. Of all cinematographic genres, I think those two are - by far - the most boring.

Whenever I can, I avoid them because they really give me sleep. After all, I have some exceptions (which I count on my fingers ;)).

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I hate movies that have elements of raw adult contents embedded far inside them I see that as outrightly embarassing. If I want to watch adult films I'd go straight for one but to be greeted with that unexpectedly in a film I am watching is total embarrassment and highly disgusting to me. The more deceptive part is the label for some of those films do not portray anything adult. Imagine being with children.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I can now add to this list anything over three hours. I just have yet to find anything that is worth that kind of time investment, and I lost again with one recently that I thought might change my mind. Just cannot do it.

15. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I don't usually avoid any genre of movies, because I like watching every genre, but there are some movies that I just can't stand. I don't like the cheap comedies that come every month or so that always have the same jokes and same story. I also don't like the cheap horror movies that when they get enough views they make like 10 sequels to them. And I do not like stupid action movies for the same reason. I usually don't search movies by genre because I like every genre and every genre is special. But there are some stupid movies in every genre that I like to avoid watching.

16. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm an avid movie fan and I don't usually avoid a certain genre/film. I love watching Horror and Suspense movies, especially Psychological Thriller/Mind Blowing films, but not Gore and Brutal films. I love movies that makes me think and guess. I also like Romantic films, Action and Drama. If there are some movies that I will watch the least, probably it will be in the Film Noir category or the Classics, though I've seen some Classic movies which are truly amazing. However, there are some that I find boring especially if it's in black and white.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly like the older movies with the old actors in them,like Sophia Loren and Jimmy Stewart. One that I have been watching lately a lot, is a good old fashion summertime type of movie and is called "Mr Hobbs takes a Vacation"-and is about spending a quiet holiday at the beach. Some other actors in this movie are Maureen O'hara,Fabian and Lauri Peters. Big,loud, and violent movies are not my favorite I must say and they give me nothing but high anxiety.

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I love almost all types or kinds of movies with the exception of "adults" movies. The movies I would prefer to see documentaries, adventures, sci-fi or fantasy, biographies, action-packed films. I even love to watch movies mostly watched by kids.

19. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    As much as possible I try to avoid drama and teen flicks. I think we've all had enough drama in our lives, I don't want to watch it because drama just makes me even more sad sometimes. As for teen flicks, I like some of them but there's just too much of them nowadays. Most of them are terrible adaptations of amazing books.

20. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I avoid plenty of comedy movies. I like comedy, but some I find too out there to be funny. I also don't like slasher films, not so much for them being scary because they're not. But I don't like the grotesque nature of them. It seems a little messed up to me, but that's just an opinion.