What movies do you generally avoid?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I avoid romantic movies like the plague, most of them are not well written and just play to stereotypes; I don't understand why the couple had to hate each other first. Surely even if this does happen in real life sometimes that doesn't mean every movie has to have this plot, also I abhor the very public declarations of love, so cheesy.

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I most definitely avoid slasher horror movies. I do not mind thriller or suspense but I cannot take the blood and gore that is just senseless and makes you wonder where people get these sick and twisted ideas in the first place. Do we not have enough in real life already? I like a lot of the kids movies that have come out lately and I will watch action and drama movies. I do not like westerns or sci-fi usually. I love to watch old movies though so I do that quite often.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am not a big movie theater person, so I am pretty good at avoiding most movies, at least when it comes to spending a whole lot of money on them, but I actively do try to avoid most of the big blockbuster action movies, because those just do not do it for me. Also anything that is too science fiction is outside of my interests.

4. showup

showupNew Member

Threads:
    I watch almost any kind of movie but i generally avoid horror movies.I dont like watching movies that display terror,they scare the hell out of me.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    There are a couple of movies that I try to avoid:
    • Historical movies. I don't know why... They're just boring to me. And exception would be "Schindler's List" because I liked that movie. But other than that, all other historical movies are painful to watch for me. I have watched a lot though since in school we were required to watch them. Lol.
    • Gory movies. The likes of "Human Centipede" and "I Spit in your Grave." Ack! I don't even get the morals of such movies. They're very creepy, gory and makes you scream, "Bleck!"
    • Some action movies. Particularly, the local ones because they are poorly made and the action scenes are very much predictable.

6. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like horror movies with an excessive violence. I just don't get them. I know, some people are totally into watching this crap but not me. I just can't stand them.

Another thing I hate is all those sappy love stories where a loser who acts extremely needy eventually gets the girl of his dreams by pursuing her and even shaking like a dog. What a lie! The saddest thing is that so many guys really believe this and start acting like that. Don't do that. Never.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can say that again about violent horror movies, that just do it for shock value. Saw being one typical example. I hate it and can't watch it, otherwise it just keeps replaying in my head and I can't sleep. It's such a shame because I used to love horror, but not anymore.

I also hate war movies, chick flicks, romcoms and overly confusing movies that play with your mind and have you so confused, you're left wondering what you just watched. As much of a girlie girl as I am, I find Chick flicks and romcoms just too sickly sweet and DULL. Plus they just don't stretch the actors at all, just a total waste of time. I'd rather watch paint dry, quite frankly.

8. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    I avoid all of these as well and horror in general. I'm just not the type of person that can watch a scary film and still sleep at night. I get scared really easily!

9. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I generally avoid action movies because I have a hard time suspending my disbelief when the genre expects you to take the characters and stories seriously. It seems kinda backwards at least for me. Honestly, watch an action scene from a comedy movie and tell me that it seems any more ridiculous than the action scenes in serious action movies.

10. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid Adam Sandlers movie like the plague. Specially those that are romantic comedy, always exploiting a defined formulae with gross and overused humor. These movies are Poorly written and acting perfomance is laughable.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you 003. I like some ghost stories like the Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I watched the series all the time as I was growing up. The other horror stories are a bit too much for me. I watch Dead Files on Travel Channel we get it on Sat. in Hawaii and knowing that it's real life really is very serious business, so I try to learn about the fascinating world of the paranormal. I love to watch movies with the genre of comedy, anime like Ice Age which I think is hilarious to the max!

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid movies that have a lot of killing and cursing in them. Horror movies, vampire movies, movies that I consider stupid and an insult to my intelligence. I do not go to the movies much.

13. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I watch almost type of movies except musicals, especially the older ones. I find most of these musicals to be boring. Otherwise, I am not afraid of horror movies as some folks who seem to be terrified of them, so I will go for any other type of movie except for those musicals which I find boring.

14. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I simply cannot sit through most sci-fi flicks and off color comedies. I just do not enjoy either of them and see no reason to waste the time or money to go see them. I prefer a good realistic drama, crime mystery or horror film more than anything. If the horror film is filled with fantasy type horror, I will not sit through this type of movie either.

15. Nero-Bianco

Nero-BiancoMember

Threads:
    I usually find that parody movies are pretty terrible and tend to steer clear of them. Anything with certain actors in it is usually guaranteed to irritate me. Adam Sandler for example... I never like his films. I think I just don't like easy comedy, I find it boring and annoying.

16. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid films with heavy blood and gore. I just can't stomach seeing body parts being ripped apart and characters swimming in their own blood, it's too much for me. I know it's not real but my mind is dead set in believing it is and doesn't want any of that.

17. LordAndSaver

LordAndSaverMember

Threads:
    This is a pretty good rule of thumb. The worst movie ever rated by rotten tomatoes was "Disaster Movie", which was a total disaster of a movie. It honestly felt like a twelve year old wrote a parody of a movie; it was terrible. These movies generally have pretty low standards, or production value. The only parodies that are good, from what I've viewed are Mel Brooks' movies like "Robin Hood: Men in Tights", and "Spaceballs". Mel Brooks is a genius.

18. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I don't really make a point to avoid many movies, but I can't stand anything starring Kevin Hart post Ride Along. I actually think he is really funny, but every time one of his "comedies" of the month comes out my friends all want to go see it and I have had to take a stand on principle and just say no. I don't know every movie with him just rubs me the wrong way with the really lazy repackaging of the same set of jokes, and the production value of some of his starring vehicles (Ride Along especially) is just not there.

19. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I do enjoy horror movies if they are good. Most of all, I am not a fan of action movies. They are just plain boring to me. I also cannot stand some actors who act in action movies, such as Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris. I also avoid watching the movie Terminator because it triggers too many painful memories for me. Anyhow every time I see those actors or any action movie on TV I have to switch the channel right away. Now I like some comedies but most of them are not that interesting to me.... some Bollywood movies are okay but most of them exaggerate the whole love and drama scenes too much that makes them ridiculous.

20. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I avoid romantic movies, especially the ones on the romantic-comedy genre. I never find them entertaining. They have the same story angles that are rehashed over and over again. Romantic movies also tend to be filled with movie clichés. And they are too easy to read and predict. Seriously, whenever I watch a romantic comedy, I already know exactly how it’s going to end halfway through it.