What movies do you generally avoid?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 17, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid brutal and sadistic horror films, and some action. I get traumatized whenever I watch brutal and sadistic horror films. They give the worst feeling that I don't want to watch any of them like the Wrong Turn and Saw. With action movies, I don't find them to be amazing at all. They often turn out to be a heavy drama, even heavier than the drama movies themselves.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid fantasy and rom-coms, purely because I can't stand them! I don't really get affected by scenes of gore and violence in films - after all, it is just CGI or tomato ketchup at the end of the day!

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty open minded but I do have standards when it comes to watching films. I generally avoid the low brow stuff. Try and steer clear of romantic comedies and slasher horror films. Not a big fan of action films without much of a story either.

4. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I'm so glad to hear you say that. I really can't stand movies like this either and I feel they even border on being morally irresponsible. I just don't see what benefit it is to society to explore all the psychopathic, dark, twisted, sadistic possibilities to human life. That kind of stuff just sickens me so much and makes me wonder what the heck is going on the mind of the film producer. There's something to be said for trying to keep a pure mind and not taint it by watching crap like that.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid kiddie movies that are not animated movies. I find the jokes cheesy and this makes the experience boring for me. I also don't like war movies because the experience gets stale after the 100th soldier falls to the ground. I love every other movie genres.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I will watch almost anything, but I do not do horror. Thrillers and suspense are okay, but no horror, ugh! I just do not see the point. I'm not into blood and gore, especially when combined with evil whatever and/or the occult. It's just a waste of my time and I value my brain cells. Not to mention, I would not want to feel traumatized by a movie ever.

7. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I try to steer clear of horror and grotesque films, (Saw series, Hostel, etc). I get nightmares easily, so I try not to add any more potential "scenes" for my mind to run. I watched a lot of horror films in my childhood, and I am not sure if that has contributed to my nightmares. The last horror movie I watched was the first Saw, and that was enough for me. I asked myself the question, "why am I watching this???"

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like action and drama movies. I prefer sci-fi, comedy, and horror. But some drama movies I will watch if they are popular and have good reviews, like Hachiko.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People are typically surprised when I tell them this, because I appear to live life with my head in the 'clouds' but I usually avoid sci-fi movies, unless they are done well. I am not a Star Wars or Star Trek kind of person, but as far as TV shows like Heroes and such - I loved that show. So the sci-fi has to be good, otherwise I will avoid them at all costs.

10. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I typically want to avoid watching horror movies. I only reserve watching them near Halloween. I scare easily and I want to avoid moments where I am scared to death as I walk through the usual hallways or sidewalks.

Next, I want to avoid movies with a lack of plot. As a writer myself, I want to immerse myself in a good story. Maybe to inspire me.

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a horror fan either, but also I can't stand romantic comedies. I like films with some substance and find rom coms so predictable and the acting is usually dreadful and the characters so stereotyped.They make money as they are easy to watch and have a happy ending, but I like films where I don't know the ending whereas I know people that always want a happy ending.

12. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid silly and plain sick movies like "Human Centipede" or "Madea" series of cross-dressing nonsense, such movies are stupid and serves no benefit to humans overall. Also, I dislike a lot of those children's movies, it's lame, ridiculous, and designed to stupefy children into buying more products from those movies - although some are good like Toy Story or Lego movies. And worst movies are those cheesy romance movie, I do not understand who produces and invests in these boring and over dramatized movies, but I avoid them like the plague!

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anything with a lot of fancy romance I'll avoid. Any film noirs I definitely won't watch. Westerns never are on my watching list either. I also hate movies made by certain directors like James Cameron and Quentin Tarantino, no matter how good the movie might be. I hate those two guys.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid horror films, but for a different reason to the original poster. It doesn't scare me or traumatise me, quite the opposite in fact, but I avoid them because they give me really bad nightmares.

I also avoid chick flicks like the plague as well.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend to avoid movies that rely too heavily on dialogue. I don't mind it when some movies do this and I do still enjoy some dialogue heavy movies, but I find that most of dialogue heavy movies are just done due to a lack of understanding of how to make them more visual instead of actually using conversations to play to the movie's strengths.

16. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess I'm picky with movies because I don't watch anything that doesn't have comedy in it. That being said, the ones I would say I would straight on avoid are horror, thriller, suspense and action.

17. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid horror movies. I do not like horror movies at all. I don't see anything fun about being scared or seeing gory things. I never understood why other people enjoy it. Seeing horror movies make it hard for me to sleep at night. I also don't like very violent movies. My husband loves these kinds of movies and I always ask him why do you find enjoyment watching a movie where a person gets shot, tortured, stabbed, etc. These kinds of movies are not for me.

18. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Romance movies, I guess. I never cared about any of those. But then again, I'm not exactly the intended audience... I don't watch most modern slasher movies either, because they are honestly bad. Not scary, not gory, just nothing for teenagers to feel edgy about. War movies also aren't my cup of tea.

19. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    HORROR MOVIES. Why? not because I do not want the excitement of it.. I heard it is a kind of worshiping the devil.

20. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid most chick flicks since they tend to be overly soapy dramas with little content and storyline. Likewise I hardly watch B-grade action movies. I'm not a fan of such movies where they pander to you with cheap entertainment and cliched plots.