What Methods Do You Employ To Conserve Water?

Discussion in Utilities started by iamawriter • Jan 2, 2018.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Although I have a well I resort to every single way to conserve water. The waste water from the bathrooms, wash basins and kitchen is diverted to trees. This we could do since right at the time of constructing our house we had concealed pipes leading to a small reservoir from where the water is routed to coconut trees
    We see to it not a single tap is leaking nor do we keep the tap running while we brush our teeth These are some of the many approaches

What are yours?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Living in an apt. I try to save water by catching the rinse water when I wash my dishes to feed it to my herbs like my aloe and broad leaf plantain which is good for the kidneys. Our landlord already installed water saver shower heads and toilets. I shower and never a bubble bath ever. I close my water when soaping up when I shower and when I brush my teeth. I eat rice that has to be cleaned, so I catch this water to feed to my herbs too. Small things I do to save water makes me feel good saving for the future generations too. :)

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a simple method that I inherited from my grandparents. When washing the dishes, use a basin to rinse the plates and utensils before washing it with soap (or liquid soap). When rinsing off the soap, use the basin again for the first rinsing and use running water as the final rinsing. That saves a lot of water if you have lots of plates to wash.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    When I am washing my clothes, I hang them on the line to drip for sometime as I wash the others before pinsing them. This removes most me the dirt and dirty water. When it comes to pinsing, you will use less water to do so as the clothes have shed most of the dirt.