What Laundry Detergent Do You Prefer? I like ALL.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by SEA81 • May 15, 2012.

1. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    My son has highly sensitive skin, so we usually use Tide free and clear. I recently picked up a bottle of All free, however, and have yet to use it. A bit nervous as to whether he will be OK with it as he has trouble with even a different type of wipes, even if they are labeled sensitive/ fragrance free. We shall see!

2. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is Tide. Old habits are hard to break. My parents washed with Tide and I ended up washing all my clothes with Tide. Though that may be changing after I got that Purex Ultrapacks sample in the mail. It cleaned my load just fine, so I may be switching over to just their regular liquid detergent.

3. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    I like the cheapest one that is for sensitive skin. We use one detergent for our entire household and my child is allergic to harsh detergents. We usually go with the Arm & Hammer one that comes in the orange and green bottle. It's a decent price and it doesn't give my baby rashes.

4. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I like to use one very old brand. It's called Omo. When I was a kid, that was more or less the only laundry detergent available. As I grew up, Omo lost out to Fab and eventually disappeared from the local market. Then I rediscovered it in a neighboring country. It's quite harsh but that's the way I like my laundry detergents because I don't have to use that much to get my laundry done.

5. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    My favorite is probably Charlie's Soap. It's all-natural and just a small container of it will last for a very long time! You only use a tablespoon of the powder at once, so that's why it lasts so long.

It cleans good, too. I know a lot of cloth-diapering moms use it for that.

6. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    ..I like the latest Tide with Febrez. it has the greatest smell. Just started to use it, but I am delighted with the product. I have used many different detergents in the past, but I am sticking with this one for a good while. I like the combination of the Febrez with it.

#46Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Ajax, Tide, and Purex. Tide is really expensive though for a tiny bottle. I do a lot of clothes at once so a small bottle of tide usually only does one wash. I think Tide is the most expensive laundry detergent currently on the market. Is it good at getting out stains? Not sure. It makes my clothes clean and smell good, but...I've never had a stain TERRIBLE enough to test out Tide on. Yet anyways.

8. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I do like Tide as well. But my all time favorite is Gain. OMG...I love the smell of this detergent. And the scent lingers on clothes and sheets for days. I wish it would go on sale more often where I shop.

9. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up with Tide as being used in the household (by my mom). But now, I personally prefer Surf. I just prefer it's smell over Tide. I use it for my clothes and my husband's. For the little one's clothes and cloth diapers, I use Charlie's Soap.

10. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    We got some of those Tide gel packs for free and I am hooked. They are the best thing I have ever used before and can't go back to the normal liquid or powder detergent.

11. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    Over here at my place I like to use Dynamo. It's a habit I guess, and it smells rather nice too. I don't have any issues with sensitivity or allergy like some users above, thankfully.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I use different types of detergent I see to be good for my laundry. The two most common detergents I use are Omo and Ariel. I discovered that I use not so much of these detergent to achieve a great wash and fine scent.

13. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Ariel Gel the most for it cleanses all my clothes thoroughly and then secondly Wings since it's good not only for cleaning but also for killing pesky bad microbes. Of all, Wings bubble up more but then Ariel for me cleanses better.

14. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I always find myself purchaseing the cheapest one in the market. I usually go for the multipurpose powered detergent that way I can save by using it to wash the dishes a floor with it too, the problem is that it affects my hands.

15. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    It had always been Tide and Ariel for me, but more than a year ago, Surf has come up with wonderful fabcon scents that I like and which happen to be less expensive than the two known brands so I've been using it regularly. I'm not really sure whether it has more or less cleaning powers than Ariel or Tide but Surf serves my purpose well enough and I never had to buy fabric conditioners.

16. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I can only use ALL Free & Clear. Even when I wash my bedding. I have very sensitive skin, and apparently, my cats have very sensitive fur and skin....because whenever I'm out of my ALL and I use the other one in my house (I think it's Purex,) I notice they do a lot of scratching.

As for me, if I sleep on a pillow case that has been washed by anything but ALL Free & Clear, I wake up with itchy, red blotches on my face and arms, anywhere that touched the pillow.

all.

17. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I usually go with whichever one is the cheapest, but at the same time I can recognize a brand that probably is not that great. That said, I usually stick with one of the more well known name brands, or a store brand if I can trust them.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I also put into consideration cost of the detergent before deciding which to go for. I found out that in my town most of the detergent cost nearly the same. The differences in price in some cases are very small.

Of all the laundry detergents in the market the best as far as I am concern is Omo. I'm not advertising for them, I am just saying my experience. Compared to others especially those I had thought would be better Omo still stands out. It forms a thicker lather with a better wash for me.

#58Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  19. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    I like fluid Tide. Before I had my own washer I utilized powder constantly. After a heap of my garments got done with washing at the clothing mat the majority of the powder did not disolve and I needed to wash them once more. As far back as I've utilized fluid Tide. I cherish the way Tide smells.

20. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy the cheapest and most natural laundry detergent I can find,even if its a smaller size. Somebody else has been buying the laundry soap, lately in the household ,but I would look into some of the dollar stores if I was to purchase detergent. I was looking online at some of the laundry detergents that Dollar Tree carries,and it looks like they even sell the better quality soap like Tide,but of course it was a smaller size and the scent was called "refreshing breeze"which sounds great.