What Laundry Detergent Do You Prefer? I like ALL.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by SEA81 • May 15, 2012.

1. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    We have a lot of local detergents here that rival Tide's effectiveness at a really cheaper price, so we go with those. I'm also the "whatever's cheapest goes" person, as long as it still does the job.

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I currently use Arm and Hammer detergent, but have at one time or another used Gain, Tide, Sun, and Purex. Personally I don't see much difference in any of them except for price. I will say that my current detergent is pretty good at tackling stains with a smaller amount then what I might use with other brands. Has anyone seen a difference in using liquid versus powder detergent?

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I go with Purex. Sometimes I'll buy All when it's on sale, but they're the only two brands I ever use these days. I don't like using ones with that blue dye and fragrances, so I go with the "clear" varieties they each have.

4. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually get whatever is cheapest at the time. I do always look for one that makes my clothes smell good. I LOVE the apple mango tango from Gain. I can't always afford it though. The only problem with the cheaper brands is that they do not clean my clothes as well and with a five year old, I need to it to be able to. I would love to find one that is cheap but works well too.

5. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I use Tide as well, it's a bit expensive but does the job. I used Gain for years but I switched because the smell of Gain changed or something and I hated it.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I use the cheapest detergent that I can find because it all cleans your clothes. Except for the people with sensitive skin that has to have a certain type, but as for myself, I have sensitive skin to some products but found that the less expensive ones I can use and I been using them every since and it hasn't bothered me yet, so I said I will keep using until it does. I just pick one and keep it moving but Baking Soda mostly.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love using Gain, but when I was pretty broke I used Purex. Purex and I were great friends. I never had any problems with it and I would still buy it today if it didn't remind me of that horrible poor time in my life.

8. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:
    Woolite Dark will do the trick. It is especially effective on black jeans. Hope this helps.

9. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    I've actually been using Charlie's Soap a lot. I know it's marketed toward cloth diaperers, but it works great on your regular laundry, too. You can get a decent sized tub of it for about $12, and the great thing is that it takes less than a tablespoon of it to do an entire load of laundry! And everything comes out smelling clean.

I highly recommend it!

10. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried quite a few things over the years. One that I really liked since I only had to use a few TBS was Ecos. My personal favorite is the new Tide pods. My clothes are brighter than ever. I love the cleaning power of it, but the Spring Meadow scent....I'm just not crazy about it.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I made a thread about the Tide Pods a few weeks ago! It seemed like no one else had heard of them. I saw them in the store and decided to get them for my mother as she was recovering from an illness and I thought it would be easier for her when she resumed washing her own clothes. She says that she likes them a lot. I'm glad that someone else has mentioned them. I don't know if I got her the Spring Meadow scent though. I'll have to ask her.

I love the Mountain Spring smell of Tide. That's what they need to put in the pods.

12. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    There is this awesome big thing of detergent that I get from the dollar tree that smells so good.
    Its only like 2.50 for the whole thing. I realize that sounds a little funny, since I said its from the dollar tree, but sometimes
    they price things higher if its a real good deal. Strange, right?

13. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    My husband usually buys Tide while he's at the laundromat, because that's the only thing they really sell there. I prefer to go to the dollar store and get the really cheap brand. I can't remember the name, because it's in Spanish, which I don't speak, but it works well enough, and it's cheap.

14. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:

Purex is also good?

15. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I always use Tide and have ever since I started doing my own laundry as a teenager. It has the best smell to me, is good for sensitive skin, and it doesn't seem to stick to my clothing like a lot of other detergents do. People sometimes think it's too expensive, but since I am single and not doing laundry for a whole family so it isn't too bad for me.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy the expensive detergent because I thought it cleaned better. While living in Las Vegas, a friend told me about LA Awesome detergent available at the 99 cent only stores. That stuff is really great. It really gets my clothes so very clean. There is also a non-chlorine booster. I really noticed a big difference. The best part was that it was only a dollar. They downside was that it was hard to find. People would buys several bottles of the stuff at a time. I always bought 3 to 4 bottles when I would catch in stock otherwise it would be sold out in a couple of days. It's also available in the Dollar Tree stores.

17. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I don't even buy detergent anymore. Now I just buy the ingredients to make my own. And believe it or not, I got the recipe for it right from this site thanks to a very nice poster.

18. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I've always preferred Tide for cleanlieness. I like Gain for the scents. Arm and Hammer works fine, though, and is more reasonably priced, so I'll go with that if one of the more expensive ones isn't on sale.

19. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I use Tide detergent, but when I'm on a budget I use dollar store shampoo or dish washing liquid. These are cheaper ways to wash your clothes, and they smell good when the come out the dryer. I would like to buy Tide all the time, but I can't always afford to, so I find other ways that are just effective.

20. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Purex has my vote. It smells nice, tends to be priced cheaper than many of the others on the market and doesn't trigger any allergic response in my youngest child. All makes him itch like crazy, though I have to say that I liked using it. I had to stop becuase of the reaction and I switched to Purex. I haven't had an problems since them.