What Laundry Detergent Do You Prefer? I like ALL.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by SEA81 • May 15, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I have always been a "whatever's cheapest" type of person, but two years ago, when I started making the big bugs (LOL) when I got a big job as a reporter, I started buying Tide. I was surprised that it actually did seem to clean my clothes better. Of course, my hopes and dreams got crushed late last fall when I lost my job due to the economy, and I had to go back to using the cheap stuff.

One day, my local Publix had ALL on sale, and I found that it was almost just as good as Tide. I get the lavender kind, and it made my clothes smell delightful. It's not necessarily cheap or expensive, just somewhere in the middle, and now I only buy it when it's on sale, but I love it.

So...which do you prefer? Do you think the cheap stuff is just as good as Tide? I'm not convinced...

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I will only use Tide. Old habits die hard and that is what I was raised on. Mountain Spring to be exact. Will most detergents clean your clothes? Probably. There is no way that they would last that long on the market if they didn't. But, how much of those detergents do you have to use to get the same type of clean and smell, that's the question for me.

3. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    My favorite laundry detergent is Gain. I like the original scent best. It smells so good and the scent lasts for a while. I also like Tide and will use that sometimes if I find it on sale.

4. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer ALL. Yet I do purchase whatever is cheapest. When money is limited, sometimes investing an extra buy in some oxiclean and ammonia, along with the cheap detergent, can be just as good as the name brands.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been buying the most inexpensive brand I can find, but I would like to start buying all-natural laundry detergent. A lot of the detergents contain so many harmful chemicals and even fiberglass particles!

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to only use Tide, but I stopped buying it for the most part now. I started finding little weird spots on my clothes with Tide, almost like fabric softener and I don't use softener. I use Borax instead. I do like Purex. I tried the new one which was citrus and this one works quite well combined with my Borax. Purex is often on sale and definitely gets the job done :)

7. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I usually stock up on All when it is on sale. But I keep seeing coupons for Purex, so maybe I will check that out.

8. joe128139

joe128139New Member

Threads:
    I use Tide personally. It has been getting stains out of my clothes since I was a messy little boy running around the fields in Vermont. These days, it covers up the sweaty smell I get after a particularly tough workout. The clean clothes smell sure does bring back some great nostalgic feelings, which may be the overriding reason that I stick with the brand lol.

9. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love Surf when it came out. It was when there were only powders. Now they sell the liquid, but it doesn't have the same smell as the powder. I switched to gain. I like the way it smells and cleans. I also make sure to use gain softener as well. Detergents have sure come a long way.

10. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I love Gain. I like all the scents, but the Original scent is my favorite. I like to use the fabric softener with it. My laundry room smells really good. I think the clothes smell great too. When I wash my sheets they smell really good days after they have been washed.

11. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer Gain whenever I can afford something more than the cheap stuff. I like the newer kinds with the extra potent scents. The one I tried most recently was tropical scented and it was divine! The scent stayed in the clothing for a few days, too. Unfortunately, like with any detergent I've tried, the scent didn't last as long as I wanted it to. It did make the house smell good, though, so that's a bonus.

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I bought Sun with Oxi at Walmart when it was on sale and was surprised at how well it worked. I have bought it again just recently and even not being on sale, it was still pretty cheap at Walmart. I also like All and Purex brands but I am probably going to stick with Sun for quite awhile.

13. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    We do Tide of Gain at my home. Usually its Tide but it depends on whats on sale. I like Tide because of the cleaning power but Gain has very good smelling varieties which I like such as lavender and some other like valley springs and such. If I have a coupon I go for both.

14. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    My mom uses Tide. I don't know why she chose this but she has been using it for years. Maybe it is cheap? I really don't know. I can say that Tide does its job well. I have no complains with its performance as I am always using white shirts and they are really clean after washing it with this detergent.

15. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I like tide but when money is tight I have made my own. Its very easy and there are tons of tutorials all over the web. When I had babies in cloth diapers my homemade detergent was the best at getting them clean. I just missed the scent of Tide. I do have a good collection of essential oils now (due to my husbands COPD, I replaced candles and scentsy with essential oils) and would probably use them to scent my laundry soap if or when I make it again.

16. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I usually buy the cheap stuff that smells good. I love tide too. It's just too expensive for me right now. I find with cheaper detergent I have to use more for the clothes to be clean. Right now I am using Purex. I think it smells great with a good fabric softener.

17. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Mainly I use Gain on my clothes, but Arm and Hammer on my dogs items. I seen a study recently on Tide where it has items which has been known to cause cancer in humans! Can you imagine the backlash this may cause to Tide, thankfully I am allergic to it so it does not matter to me, but for others I am sure it will make an impact.

18. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I keep seeing how expensive Tide is and clearly, I've never taken the time to check because I only reach for Tide. But, exactly what is the difference in price? Are we talking cents or a dollar or a couple of dollars?

I doubt if I'll be switching anything up, but I just can't imagine the savings being that much different for what could be a major difference (to me) in the actual cleaning of the clothes.

19. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    My favorite detergent is the Wisk liquid. It has a new formula that tends to get stains and body oils out a little better. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a luxurious, perfumed fragrance like the rest of them. My favorite scented detergent is Gain, I love that smell it reminds me of my dad's house.

20. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I like 7th Generation because it is all natural. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breaking out. When I started washing my sheets and pillowcases with a natural detergent instead of the standard brands, I noticed that my skin was clearer. It is a bit on the expensive side, but it is worth it for babies and adults with sensitive skin.