What Is Your Preference Of A Mobile Devices?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Ray1 • Oct 9, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Going deeper what screen size you prefer most or you think the RAM size is more important? What about prize factor of the handset? Do you think the reputation of the company plays a major role before you go for a new phone or the features you require in your next handset? Last but not the least, what is your favorite OS. I personally prefer Android over iPhone. What about you?

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

I feel the company plays a major factor. Since I want a new phone that will last and a guarantee that it is not a fake phone, I will have to buy at a reputable company. I prefer android because I will get everything I want in a phone and I can also afford it.

For the new phone I want, I will consider the RAM size because I was told that it is the main factor that will let you know if the phone is of good quality. The screen size doesn't matter and I want a phone my hand can hold without getting tired. As long as the camera is of good quality, I don't mind the screen size.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have 2 mobile which I use for different purposes - 1 is for texts and calls and another for internet use. My texting phone is the old Nokia which is not a smart phone. It is ideal since it cannot be infected by virus. My smart phone is an android Samsung SIII which is exclusively for internet use and camera as well. And although I have to bring both phones with me, it's all right because I feel comfortable with their uses.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've been a Samsung user for a few years, but after I moved to Apple (just to do a test), I never found my way back. I think the work done by Apple something sensational, though expensive. :D

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I usually check the specifications of Mi devices. They seem to be good enough for the average mobile user. And the specs are good enough for most of the people. And you get decent specifications for which other companies are charging very high amount. So I'd suggest taking a look at the Mi device and see if that helps you with the selection. I am not fan of the Apple devices so clearly ignoring them.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    My cell phone must work to make and receive calls, I don't care what screen size it has, or what it is its memory, etc. I do have a smartphone because my wife bought it for me, but for me is important to make calls, the rest it doesn't matter!

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an iPhone 7 Plus, and I absolutely LOVE this phone ! My daughter just upgraded to the new iPhone X, and this was her old phone that she gave me. I have always had Apple phones and use an ipad for everything else, and I like how well Apple integrates between their devices.
    I really like the larger size of the Plus phones, and it makes it easier for me to read a text message on the phone. I can also send and receive texts on the iPad, which is a really great option, at least for me it is.
    Another feature that I like is that the Apple devices do not need any kind of virus protection because they are made so that they very seldom (if ever) get any kind of a virus.
    I would never go back to using an old computer with Windows now that I have been using the iPad and phone.

8. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I prefer a good camera to photograph excellent landscapes. Especially, a camera with high capacity to take excellent pictures in bad conditions of light (night). In 2015, I bet in a Lumia 830, it had a great camera in night pictures.

A another feature which like is battery. A good battery assures several hours of usage.

About OS? Well, I bet in Windows phone which is windows 10 mobile noewadays, but it is so trash. does not have the main apps launched. I urgently need to change my phone :(.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used a window's phone so not aware of its system however the latest in the mobile technology is Google's Pixel which offers many innovative options. I am sure once the prices of Pixel phone go down a bit it would capture a large chunk of market share with its camera quality, storage and features that only Google can provide. I am looking forward eagerly to own one and use it.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have much experience with smartphones and I got my first one, an adroid tracphone. It's okay, but I prefer something a bit bigger for I have a hard time, with using the small smarphone's typing pad. I try to get it to go sideways, then it's not so hard typing, but the android sometimes has a mind of it's own and won't go horizontal for me. My next smartphone hopefully will be a bit bigger, but not to big for I like to carry my smartphone in my purse. The size right now is great for carrying it in my purse, so I really got to work on getting the horizontal typing pad so I can whip through my typing or texting, lol.

11. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I do prefer Android always as it's what I am used to using and I really like it's functions more. I don't care about the pricing, the cheaper the better as long as it has all the functions I need. My currently phone wasn't too pricey yet it has everything I need from it. I like the screen to be of a medium size so I can see well enough but not too huge that I can't fit it easily in my purse. It also helps if the RAM and inner memory space is high enough.

12. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    You are right, Google pixel is an amazing phone with an excellent camera, storage and optimized system. Moreover, it is expensive for me. Could you recommend a cheap phone with a good camera?

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually buy expensive products but I also consider the brand especially when buying electronic devices. I always go for the quality even if it's a bit pricey (but not that much) as long as it's worth it. I have my LG smartphone since 2015 and it still looks new and I don't think I'm upgrading anytime soon. The screen, RAM, storage, size are also important for me since I'm doing tons of things on my phone and I don't want to experience any lags whatsoever.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree MI (Xiomi) is providing 30-40% cheaper phones with the same specifications as bigger companies but I think the quality control leaves lot to be desired in its handsets. I bought one in 2015 but soon found bugs with charging and camera quality. I know that MI is OEM for various popular brands but maybe those brands keep a stricter vigil on the quality control.

15. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    What is your smartphone? It is an Android with high durability because you have been using since 2015. I have never bought a LG phone, but I am considering after reading your response.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    LG and Samsung gadgets are generally reliable and durable so there is no need to change your phone if it's working fine. A phone works well for 4-5 years and yours is only 2 years old so you can use it for next 2-3 years if you are not in the habit of playing games on your phone which in cases damage the battery although you can change the battery any time. As far upgrading is concerned there is nothing much to upgrade but the companies keep changing version to increase their sales.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I am okay with iphone too but budget always stop making me okay with it. Lol.

I guess for me better performance with enough CPU and RAM which should not lag the phone in regular tasking and minor gaming. Also camera is important for me as I mostly take photos with that only. And enough battery that can stand at least for whole day. These are what I used to see during buying any new phone.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am planning to buy an Apple phone for the first time in my life. Actually, phone more than a phone where I stay currently. In fact it's part of a person's identity and you can do almost every transaction including government using your phone. I am amazed to see that here in this country everyone owns either an iPhone or a model from Samsung. All other phones are available but in very limited quantity.

19. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Whether it's a 4 or a 5 in. screen phone doesn't matter really as long as I can perform simple things like browsing the web and checking my emails, and the basic texting and calling function. Another factor of course is the battery life which is what matters most to me. Of course, it must be an Android capable phone because I like it's being user friendly function and easy navigation.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, such country is having actual usage of such phone. So yes in that case they may be really helpful. Here in our country still it is just getting started. People hardly using all the features of such phone and I am sure they must not be aware of it either. They just buy it for status purpose. That's what going on here, and I am sure you know about this thing too.