What is your favorite way of traveling?

Discussion in Travel started by dorothymoreno • Apr 7, 2013.

1. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    They all have their own charm and it's a hard choice to pick between so many because of all the great memories i have from all. But i guess i would choose the car because how much freedom it gives. And it's always fun to have a road trip with your friends, even if the trip is short!

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I like to fly. I want to get to where I am going via the quickest means available. I don't mind trains, but I don't like being cooped up in a car for hours and hours and I hate traveling by bus. I am just not a road trip person; my knees can't take it and I get restless. I'd rather hop on a plane and pick up a car when I arrive if I am someplace where I need one.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love travelling by plane. I think it is a very luxurious experience that everyone should get to try once in their life at least. Also, I would like to try out being on a long trip by train, of course a very nice one. I think it would be nice to wake up on a moving train and just go to the next cart to get some breakfast. Hopefully, someday soon I will get to try this.

4. mbarrett

mbarrettNew Member

Threads:
    Due to the fact that I almost exclusively travel overseas, I am forced to travel by plane. Once I arrive in my destination, I either walk or take public transportation to where I need to be. Driving around in a car can be nice as well because it allows the traveler to view the landscape and gives them more flexibility in where they want to drive to. Every so often, I go on 8 hour long roadtrips to see various local sights, but that only happens relatively rarely.

5. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    my favorite way of traveling is in the cruise. i love cruise so much.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it all depends on where you're traveling to, how fast you need to get there and what it'll cost you to use [whatever you use]. While for most people traveling by plane would be most convenient, the cost of buying a ticket would not be wallet-friendly so they'll. . .pass. So hypothetically speaking therefore, if all circumstances are in my favor. . .

I love beautiful scenery [and since photography is my hobby], therefore traveling by car is my favorite way of traveling because I can stop wherever I please, enjoy the scenery, photograph whatever interests me, then move on.

7. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    I am terrified of hieghts so I hate to take a plane. Traveling by car is way too stuffy and close to people I get irritated very quickly. My favorite way of traveling is by greyhound because its cheap, theres a bathroom and there are no unnecessary stops. Very professional. :)

8. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    My favorite way to travel is by car. I don't like planes, well, everywhere I have been is a reasonable driving distance. I have traveled by car a couple of times and those were some fun times.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I love traveling by car. Any type of car as long as it it's spacious and has a working radio and air-conditioner, granted that my travel destination has no incoming traffic. But I prefer plane rides more than car, I hate being stuck in traffic and you don't really see the sky that often.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love it when we get a rental car. I never want to take it back because it's nicer than the one we have (well anything's nicer than our current let's face it) but it's a nice treat to be able to plug my Iphone in or put CDs in with a quality stereo and as an added bonus it has a nice appearance. I also like riding in the car because I don't have to feel like I can't fully experience my music. When you're with strangers, you can't really belt out to your music.

11. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say my favourite way of traveling has to be by plane. I love to travel by train also sometimes. I find planes are great if you are in a hurry and I am always in a hurry. I love trains when I am traveling with my friends though, I find they are a fun way to travel.

12. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is many things during the travelling first of all i like songs and i priority to good food during the travelling and its my wish that i can go for long travelling..

#32Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love trains as you can relax and look at the scenery. Also it is eco friendly and a good way to travel around a country. I have traveled by train in the UK,USA, Italy, France, Thailand, Canada, Singapore and Malaysia. It can be economical too if you buy rail passes or book in advance. I have met some interesting people on my trips too and got to know the locals.

14. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love all forms of travelling, be it by air, sea or land. But my favourite way of transport would be a boat. Floating in the ocean for many days appeals very much to me, as it is a very peaceful and relaxing way to reach one's destination, provided that there is no storm or other form of turbulence. :)

15. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I love traveling by train, it's just so relaxing to just sit back and enjoy the scenery go by.
    Other than that, I'd love to get an RV and just hit the road on a huge trip, it seems like a nice option even though you need to do the driving, to be able to just stop for a bit whenever you want sounds very nice.

16. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, old thread :D

Me, I like traveling by train when alone. It's inexpensive and quiet so I have plenty of time to get some work done in between locations. Not having to worry about the road, by driving and the likes, is a big plus for me. When I'm not alone and we travel as a group I like the cars. We can always split the cost of fuel and it's never boring since a few good friends traveling together make some interesting conversations.