What Is Your Favorite Means Of Transportation?

Discussion in Travel started by Moroccanbeauty2266 • Jul 13, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Philippines has no convenient mass transport that's why the middle class is turning to their own car. I also prefer to use my car even if the gas and maintenance is expensive because it is very inconvenient to take the bus or train with the long line of passengers. The taxi is rare and expensive too.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, as much as I have read or found during interaction with your country's people the most favorite mod of transportation is Jeepny or tuktuk or whatever you call it after a private vehicle. I am also aware that two wheeler are also not popular or a popular choice of Philippines therefore I understand that over 60% or so depend on private cars for transportation which is very much unlike in our country where 70% people use public transport system.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer a car any day for normal transportation. The bus gives me a major head ache and if I don't have a car, I take a taxi which only costs about 3 dollars more than the bus. It's a lot faster too. Buses don't have air coolers where I live but a taxi does.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You will be surprised to note that I spend sometime in Sydney every year and the car journey costs lesser than train or bus but I prefer to travel by public transport because car parking in Australia is so costly and public transport so comfortable and fast that most people prefer to use it.

5. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Well for me, I love the view of high places so when it comes to transportation I love cable cars the most. I climb mountains, and the problem is when I get tired, I always dream of wanting to ride a cable car. LOL :D

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in Himalayan area of northern India where these cable cars are common transportation in many places especially tourist interest place and hill resorts. However, I am in trekking so I spend most of my time walking in remote places with friends or alone. sometimes I have walked 40-50 km in a day for particular reasons.

7. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    My two wheeler is the most dependable means of transport for me for the regular requirement. If it is a family event then we need take the car out. We use public transportation as well.
    As far as liking a means transportation is concerned, my favorite is train. Had it been possible to cover the distant of the places by train, I surely would have avoided taking flights as I hate air travel.

8. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! That's really cool. I would love to see your place one day since Cable cars here in our country isn't considered to be a public transport but a tourist attraction.
    Really? I'm guessing that Trekking is part of your normal daily routines, I find it crazy walking that long just to get to your destination but then it's good for your physique. How long does it usually take you to get to your destination if you walk that far?

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yup. Traveling by car will give you immense pleasure than trains and plane. I usually travel along with my family in a car which is really enjoyable and memorable at the same time. Other than cars, I love bus travels.

10. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    I like walking, because it gives me the chance to be alone with myself while I'm going to the site that I have to go, is relaxing although for long distances I do prefer train and bus, you can meet people and have some good conversation while you enjoy the travel to the site you want to go.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I am not walking that distance in routine but I have done that for adventure walking more than 30-40 times in my life. ike I was once stuck in a place because I missed my last bus at 5 in the evening (in hils that is common that they do not allow buses to ply after 7 so the last bus leaves at 5) so I had to walk all of 55 km on foot.Luckily it was downward journey so I did not feel so tired.

12. yokislav

yokislavNew Member

Threads:
    The worst - definitely the bus.
    Train is my favorite, especially for longer distances.

13. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    That was cool, Man! I've done that before but then it was in an urban place, so unlike you, I didn't get any fresh air traveling that distance by foot. I'm just curious, how many liters of water do you usually take for travel?

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You would laugh reading it but there was almost no traffic or I saw no one on that hilly road for almost 8-9 hours walk to my room during my walk. I had a stick in my hand and I kept singing for the entire length of my journey because I was afraid as the area is full of wolves and leopards. Luckily I did not encounter any of them. Yes, the air was cool and pleasant.

15. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I guess I would choose driving over anything. I tend to get sea-sick on airplanes (and boats, of course!)...and I've never truly trusted flying as a form of transportation. I'm just scared. I don't think I will ever get over that phobia. Maybe I wouldn't mind a train, but then again....it could go off the tracks. That's a rare occurrence, but hey, I worry about everything.

Now, if they could only come up with a way to fly on a plane where the plane wouldn't have to go so high, like maybe just a few feet up above cars and traffic, yet not where birds fly so we wouldn't be killing all of them.....THEN I would trust flying... because even if the plane would crash, it wouldn't be that hard of a fall. ;)

16. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! You're so brave to tread those hills despite of the danger of getting eaten by wild animals. The only wild animals in our area are snakes and wild boars and they mostly don't interact or show themselves to people. Man, I wouldn't dare to go that far alone, I would definitely bring a rifle at least as a protection. I guess you have some potent water source along the path? :D

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Even I would have not dared travel all that distance but the place I was stuck in had no place to stay in or around besides it was an army area where they do not allow tourists to stay after the last bust has left. It is basically the transit point to Valley of Flowers in Himalaya. They have few guest houses now but I was there almost a decade or so back.

18. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    That's good to know. Is it true that when you get there you have to bring a gift for the Afghan Warlords? I've seen this in the movie "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" when Walter gave a Clementine cake to the warlord. haha! :D

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There is no Afghan border anywhere around this area. We have to cross Pakistan to reach the Afghan border but that is not possible for a civilian unless he has a valid passport and being the conditions what they are, I would prefer to stay away. No , the fact is when the conditions were normal many Afghani use to come to my country for selling different items like dry fruits and woolens but they are seldom seen in my country now a days.

20. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Is it a good thing? Honestly, if I were told that someone just came from Afghanistan, I always have this notion about terrorism. I know, not everyone came from that country are bad people but you know, I can't really take it off my head not to think about it. I guess, I'm just scared and all after all of the bombings we had in our country. BTW, would you be able to bring a bicycle on that trail you've mentioned?