What is your drinkable water?

Discussion in Water started by Aurora • Oct 28, 2014.

1. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    There are many alternatives for pure drinking water like bottled water, filtered tap water, or distilled water.

I prefer filtered tap water at home because it is more convenient for me. The quality of tap water is not good enough at my place. My water filter gets yellow and needs to be cleaned once a week. Today, I drink filtered water regularly. I drink the filtered water right from the tap in summer without worries. I use Doulton filter. How about you?

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't drink a lot of water. I know it's not healthy but I just don't like the taste very much. When I do drink water it's usually bottled Deer Creek water. Or tap water from home on the rare occasion I'm in the mood to drink some. Most of them time when I'm drinking water, I'm drinking bottled water when I'm out on a run or playing basketball. Otherwise I drink coffee tea and soda.

3. Barb

BarbNew Member

Threads:
    About drinkable water

Filtered water is good, but it does not filter out most medications. Notice the huge rise in cancer? We are drinking water that contains cardiac meds, antibiotics, psychotopic meds, growth/sex hormones, diabetes meds, cancer meds, and some of the chemicals used to treat raw sewage before it enters water systems.
    Most municipalities do not even monitor or measure medication levels in drinking water.

4. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    I'm not going to touch the "what's in the water" debate, because honestly EVERYTHING seems to "cause cancer" these days.

However, I just came here to say that I don't taste the difference in ANY clear water. My family are really big into bottled water, but I can drink from the tap just fine. I drink about 2 gallons a day and have been losing weight and feeling great since I started. The only water I've ever had that was "different" really was this glacier water from a pouch. It was crisp and fresh. I noticed that.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From what I have been reading, I gather that drinking distilled water is a bad idea as it is dead water. Even bottled water has its hazards, especially if it has been stored in plastic for a long time. Rain water, which is often the only source of drinking water where I come from, apart from bottled water, tends to be too acidic and can harm one's health over a period time. Also, rain water usually gets caught in big tanks, which often contain bacteria and bugs that can lead to gastric upsets. So, the best thing would be filtered tap water. Three years ago, I invested in a very high quality filter that filters the water through 8 different layers. It cost me $100 but it's one of the best investments I ever made. The water tastes absolutely delicious now.

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only water I tend to drink is purified bottled water. I know that there is concern about the plastic but that concern is only there when the bottle is exposed to heat at a consistent rate. Then there are other factors to consider which make me believed that bottled water is the better option.

7. Cory Jenkins

Cory JenkinsBanned

Threads:
    What is your drinkable water

I prefer bottled water....

8. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I am extremely lucky to live in a city where the water is drinkable, straight from the tap. In other cities I've lived in, despite boiling it to get rid of any pathogens, there is always a taste of minerals. In those cases, I am more inclined to buy bottled water. I just hate the taste of hard water, and I have no idea what effect it will have on my body.

9. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have an RO filter system. I do not drink water from the tap where I live. The ground water has a lot of mineral and calcium deposits in it. It has been known to have adverse affects on people over the years.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here, we drink purified drinking water, the ones in large plastic containers that get poured into water dispensers. These containers get delivered to our home, and they're quite cheap too. like you can get 3 containers for only $2.30.

11. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Before, we used to drink purified drinking water. Unfortunately dispenser with large plastic container is not quite common here so we buy large bottles from the store. The hard part of it is carrying the bottles to our house. Very inconvenient as it was very heavy.

We switched to filtered tap water when we bought a new refrigerator which has a filter in it. You just have to connect it to a tap water, but you need to change the filter every 6 months. I like the taste of water, they taste like bottled water.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love water. It's changed over the years because I never used to like it that much, but I have developed a love for it and will have tap water as well as bottled water any day. I like flavoured as well as plain bottled water. As long as the tap water is safe to drink, I'll have it. Sometimes I boil it, just to be sure.

13. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I am lucky enough to have well water from a very good well. My father had anew well drilled when he bought this place and the man who drilled the well knew exactly what depth to drill to at our location. We are only a few miles from the St.John's river, and most of the wells around here get water from the river (through the ground water) and it is sulfurous. There is a shell layer that draws from the Ocala aquifer and it is very good water. This well draws from that layer.

14. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to use filtered tap water. I don't (if I can help it) buy bottled water - it feels like a complete waste of money, creating more plastic waste on top of that. If my normal tap water was fine I would certainly be happy to use that. Unfortunately, it's not.

15. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    During my childhood, tap water is just fine to drink.. I wonder why when bottled water became a fad, many people are now afraid to drink from the tap? well, just to answer the question above, I would like to drink fresh water from the well or from a mountain spring.

16. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I love our tap water. I seldomly drink bottled water. I usually bring a small water jug from our house in my office. Though it is a regular tap water from the local water source, we have an alkaline equipment to make our water alkaline.

17. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I am lucky to still enjoy the tap water as it is one of the cleanest in the world and we get to drink it as much as we can all day long with no problems. Some days after the rain it does taste a little different but I sure do appreciate that I can just get a glass from the tap instead of having to buy it all the time

18. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fortunately, the tap water in my part of the world is absolutely fine to drink, although some people do use a filtration system. I've got no issues with using it straight from the tap at all. I usually fill a bottle from the tap and keep it in the fridge to ensure it is ice cold.

19. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Lovely some of us are really lucky. I have used the filter in the water bottle at home but it doesn't last very long and to replace it is so expensive so we have just decided to use the tap water for as long as we can and we enjoy it!!!

20. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to boil & chill my water regularly in the summer. I've been doing that for years only because I love the taste this way. In the winter I boil my water because i like to drink it warm or with tea. Either way that's how I drink it.