What is your dream holiday destination?

Discussion in Travel started by Jrh2 • Mar 4, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    Everyone has a place that they wish to visit one day, some people are lucky enough to already have been but where is the one place you would like to visit?

My dream holiday destination is New York. I have always wanted to go to America and seeing New York on films and television shows like my favourite, Gossip Girl, makes it look like such an amazing place. One day I hope to be shopping on fifth avenue, watching broadway shows and seeing all the sites.

2. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    Where are you from? New York is a common destination for us in Toronto, it's funny how where you are can alter where you want to go. I would love to go to Costa Rica; there's so much amazing wildlife and complex habitats. I like being outdoors; hiking, swimming, etc. I am used to swimming in lakes, being from Ontario we sure have a lot of them. I am also a massive shark fan, I would love to go cage diving with them. Costa Rica gives you access to those sorts of activities. If you ever have any questions regarding New York, I could help you out.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I've been to New York and it's just as beautiful as it sounds. It's a very energetic city. Everyone seems to be on the move. It's beautiful in Rockefeller during the morning and magnificently bright at Times Square during the night. It's definitely one of my favorite trips, and it's definitely a place I recommend that you pursue your dream to go there.

Wow it's awesome that you live near NYC. However, going to NYC often is an extremely different experience than being a tourist in NYC. New York city is definitely a culture shock kind of place. That kind of energy and passion in NYC is not like it is in any other country. It's just different, and it's a good thing that people acknowledge its beauty.

#3Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  4. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    My dream holiday destination would be on an island. I've often thought of Hawaii. I've heard nothing but positive things about it from friends I know who have had the pleasure to visit. I've also considered the Bahamas or the Virgin Islands as well. So overall, I'm thinking I should just make a list of all the islands I want to visit and then prioritize which to visit first. So to make a long answer shorter, my dream holiday destination will be a beautiful island where I can lay near the beach.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think my dream holiday location would be Hawaii! I have always loved the beach, good weather, waves and a relaxed atmosphere, so a place that puts all that together is no doubt a dream to me. I hope I have enough money to go there one day. :)

6. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    Ever since I can remember I've wanted to go to Japan. I find the culture very interesting and I have several Japanese friends. I also love the cities. I want to see what life in Tokyo is life; I want to see the stores, the parks, the houses, and the Tokyo tower. If I can ever save up enough money I'll definitely try to head to this place. Just thinking about it gets me excited! Japan just seems like such an interesting and beautiful country. I also want to visit France, Greece, Egypt, and Mexico. I want to see the whole world, but Japan especially.

7. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    NYC is a very fun place to visit, and I'd absolutely recommend it, but I wonder if you'll be disappointed---the city is in no way like it is presented on Gossip Girl. It is much more vibrant, dirty, terrible, crowded, and wonderful than that. Unsurprisingly, nothing in real life is like it is in the movies, and NYC is no different!

8. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    My dream holiday destination has always been America, when I was younger I was obsessed with the place and utterly convinced I was going to live there and that my children would go to an American high school with the fancy lockers and the schools that just look so damn awesome that I could cry.

9. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    My dream holiday destination would definitely be going back to Greece, and visiting other countries around it. I would love to go to: Greece, Croatia and Turkey all in one visit. I was very impressed with the food in Greece, it was so cheesy and oily! I've seen pictures of Turkey and Croatia and have been very impressed. I dream of going back to Europe!