What Is Your Choice - Cheaper Or Better?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ray1 • Jun 6, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a complicated question and I am sure you will have to think twice before picking the right one. But if you have to pick on of these two what would you take- Cheaper or better? How far would you compromise with a better variety? For example I would take a better item at 20% extra provided it gives me 25-30 better result.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know I found 2 pounds of frozen potatoes at Walmart for just 2.74 the cheapest price unless it's on sale 2.$5. Great Value Walmart's brand is a generic brand Ore Ida is the premium brand that goes usually for $4.99 for 2 pounds of frozen potatoes. I bought both as time goes by. You can't tell the difference from the better brand than the generic brand, except for the price there is no difference,so I'll go for price. I bought many things on special price at Walmart and it's very good quality for half or one third the price other stores charge. I like quality, but I found prices at Walmart and quality go together for a lot less.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I will always go for the cheapest as I have had good experiences with cheaper brands but I have to check that the quality is not bad. Cheaper doesn't always mean it's worst, sometimes the brand it's what is being sold for more. If it's very cheap it doesn't hurt to give the products a try so for the next time we will know if they are worth buying.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I do look for cheap products but if I know I like a particular brand, regardless of the price I will usually stick to it. I'm fussy about coffee, some of the cheap coffee I've tried just doesn't do it for me. I can't stand cheap chocolate, it has to be Cadburys and I would have to be held down and force fed a cheaper brand!

However sometimes I've been surprised at cheaper brands especially those I've found in Aldi or Lidls. I really save money when I shop there.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    It's a very complicated decision, depending on the circumstances of each person. However, the quality will always exceed - at all levels - the financial aspect. So, for me what is cheap can stay in the background because the first one belongs to the quality. ;)

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit - Yes, you have to keep the technicalities in your mind when you opt for the cheapest price of a particular item or service. Like I ordered a basic mobile for a purpose and I thought that was one of the best deals I had ever executed online but when the mobile set arrived without charger I came to know the catch. They asked for such a price for charger that I had no choice but to return the mobile and get my money back.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I would always go for better ones rather than cheap ones in terms of anything (food, clothes, gadgets). The good thing is that good quality products aren't too pricey and most are affordable as well. I think I can save more when it comes to buying better quality goods instead of cheaper ones with low quality since I can use good quality products for long period of time compared to cheaper ones. Same with services, some offer cheap service fee but also comes with cheap or bad service so better get the best ones even if it's a bit pricey.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have another example of where the cheaper cost me more than the real price. I booked a flight by AirAsia which was almost $300 cheaper for two but when I was done with the booking I noticed that they had allowed 0 baggage for check in but all they allowed was 7KG for cabin. I had to pay almost $400 for the baggage and food which was not in their original plan unlike other airlines.

9. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I often cheap products whenever i'm fully aware that i will not using the mentioned products frequently or for a very long time, as for better and more expensive, it's mostly food and medicine.

10. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I go for cheaper products but the quality is the priority to me, I would not compromise quality over cheaper price. But anyways I would give a try to the product so that I will know about the product, how far is it reliable, is it worth of the money spent so that the next time I will be much aware of trying that product again.

11. KunaSmith

KunaSmithNew Member

Threads:
    I will dependably go for the least expensive as I have had great encounters with less expensive brands however I need to watch that the quality is not terrible. Less expensive doesn't generally mean it's most noticeably bad, now and again the brand it's what is being sold for additional. In the event that it's exceptionally shabby, it doesn't hurt to try the items out so for whenever we will know whether they merit purchasing.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs I don't mind compromising with quality sometimes if the price offered is reasonable. For instance I would buy a flip-flop for $3 in place of $10 knowing fully well that it will last only as much as half compared to other one but then I can buy 3 for $10 and still save $1 so what is the problem! :)

13. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    Tobe honest, I prefer both - that is to say; What I think is good for me, I prefer to buy it in cheaper price.

14. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I will definitely go for the best depending on my budget. This cheap stuff will finally land us up in paying more towards maintenance and may be replacement. Many a time there are no replacement parts available which would mean going for a brand new item all over again for those who go for cheap items to start with

15. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends on what it is, but I go for better as long as the price is reasonable. Cheaper is fine for throw away items such as paper cups and things that last minutes. Anything that lasts long needs to be good quality, and these days with discounts you can get 'better' items discounted.

16. Merissa

MerissaNew Member

Threads:
    It can be difficult to choose between buying cheaper products and better products. To be able to choose between the two, some factors should be considered. With cheaper products, you don't have to spend much money for items that can be useful to you and for better quality products, most times they are durable and whilst using them you get a great experience and satisfaction. If it's a product that you don't see much of a difference in pertaining to quality of it and you know you would be satisfied buying it at a cheaper price, then it's much easier to choose the cheaper brand. If the product you are wanting to buy has special qualities that is needed for a task or it gives you a better experience when using it or you just enjoy it, the better quality brand is suited for you just make sure you can afford it.

17. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would like to say better, but normally I will go for cheaper. It really depends on the item itself and the condition it is in. But nine out of ten I will usually get the cheaper item, quality is good but you have to do what you can to save a little money.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @iamawriter@iamawriter I wouldn't say I would go for the best but research a product well before buying it. Being a market professional I know that manufacturers have too many tricks up their sleeve. They quote rates in such a tricky way, especially online that a prospective buyers sees it a good opportunity. I think we can get lots of good quality items at a comparatively cheaper rates if we look at them carefully.

19. Folorunsho

FolorunshoNew Member

Threads:
    It's a very complicated question. I am an economist and I always try to minimise my cost as much as possible. Having said that, I think quality shouldn't be compromised particularly when it comes to some items. One of those items is food and whatever you take inside of you. You can't possibly go rotten tomatoes just because it is cheaper than healthy tomatoes all because it is cheaper. Also, I think quality items generally last longer than more cheaper ones. All in all, I always go for quality but I make sure I get them at the cheapest price as possible and that's why I like to get perfect knowledge of the market so I am not cheated by any seller.

20. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I choose cheaper for unnecessary items and better for important ones, since the regret of having something break after purchase sucks.