What Is The First Thing You Cut Back On When You Need To Save Money?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by littlewitch66 • May 30, 2017.

1. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Clothes and entertainment. At the start of the year, I found out these are my two biggest consumption points. So they are always the first to go when it's time to cut down costs.

2. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing I cut when I want to save some money, and if we are tight is the fuel for our car. If we give up on traveling by our personal car we can use the common transportation as a tram, bus or subway. In this way, I can save around 150 dollars a month.

3. butterflow

butterflowNew Member

Threads:
    Usually, when I need to save money, I cut back on buying anything that (to me) isn't really necessary. That usually includes clothing, cosmetics and jewellery. As I already have loads of these items, cutting back doesn't create any major problems.

If I really am short of money, then I too try to cut down on my food bills. Most supermarkets have their own brand products which cost less, and you can always find items on special offer.

4. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    When I begin to save, the first cut is always with clothes. I stop buying new clothes and look into my wardrobe and choose clothes are are still in good condition. Second cut is with resturant bills. I tend to spend a lot of money in resturants. I stop going to resturants and beging to cook in home. Third cut is meat products. I stop buying meat products and start eating vegetarian dishes.

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I would not go for clothes that cost a bomb. And that includes branded shoes. One can easily do without expensive clothes as simple clothes can make on look well dressed.

6. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    Fooood! Seriously, all of my money goes to food. But let's be real here, who doesn't love to eat? That's why if I have to save a lot of money I usaually cut down my guilty pleasure-intake, and by guilty pleasure I mean, burgers, pizza, pasta, and a whole bunch of icecream