What Do You Think Of Power Banks?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Rossy • Aug 1, 2017.

1. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    As days go by, phones upgrade. They become more powerful with more features. This comes along with a less durable battery power mostly. Thanks to technology, they have come up with a way to charge your phone away from your home. Do you find power banks helpful? What are your views?

2. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    There's a joke that goes, "the only warning I take seriously, it's my phone's low battery warning." That's a huge ego, isn't it? Well, with the invention of power banks, I do not think that even low battery warnings should be taken seriously.

I love power banks because for one they are portable. Therefore, there is no need to worry about going for adventure in an area without electricity. They also prove to be an oasis in a desert, when one is experiencing a power cut either due to a fault with the company or unsettled electricity bills.

Power banks work with the universal serial bus(USB) cables, which are readily available and interchangeable. Therefore one does not have to worry about leaving a charger at home. You can easily borrow one from around, and go on with your business like nothing happened. Moreover, they are quite affordable. Others even have a torch which proves to be of great assistance when walking in the dark.

The only con I know is that they reduce the battery life. This is because regular charging, even when not necessarily needed, tends to damage the battery. However, with increase in technology, batteries are being improved and therefore there is no cause for alarm. Thank you.

3. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Power banks are really of great help to most people especially to those who use their phones heavily and have lots of battery consuming apps installed on their phones. And I can not deny the fact that I find it useful too. I used it to charge my phone away from home or in rare cases of power interruptions. But if your not a heavy user or you just use your phone the normal way which is for texting and calling, I think you can do without a power bank.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using power banks in the past and it was working fine for two months and suddenly my phone's battery has been draining a lot which I was wondering what could be the problem. I use my phone a lot and then I found out it was power bank's problem. The sad part is when I asked if it could be fixed they said I have to buy a new one. So, I haven't bought a new one lately. But in the overall perspective, it is good.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The power bank aka portable charger is the best invention for now because phones are heavy in power consumption. One full charge of the battery wouldn’t last a day. And the present remedy is the power bank. But when the phone becomes efficient and the batteries become stronger in storing power then maybe we can do away with the power bank.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    There are pretty useful for some people, i have never felt the need to have one, since my phone's battery usually stays well within the half range of it's life.

7. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    Yes power banks are pretty useful especially when travelling. Yes, the phone which we get in the market today are the smart phones with a dumb battery. With these phone you need to carry a power bank or you will run out of battery and the phone would not be smart any more.;) I thik a small power bank of 7000 Mah battery is sufficient to charge a cellphone.

8. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    Yeah,Power banks are very useful because of many reason.Its a greatest invention of this century.We can use power banks in absence of electricity.Because in my country,our biggest problem is load-shedding.That's why many people in our country always carry power banks with them.We can use power banks during the travelling.Much battery of our cell phones is consumed due to heavy apps.Therefore,we should always have a power bank with us.

9. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I think power banks are the best accessories that phone producers ever made. With reference to my area of residence, if you don't have a power bank, it's definitely going to be very difficult for you to maintain having your phone on and functional because of poor electricity distribution.

There are some occasion when we might not see electricity for close to two (2) weeks, so imagine staying without light for that length of time; there is no way one's phone is still going to be on unless with another source of power.

So therefore, power banks are saviour to most of people with electricity problems as it would serve as another source of power for one's phone usage. Personally, I can't and don't to anywhere without having my power bank with me and currently I use 20,000 amph

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed, for traveling they are life savers especially if the destination is far and having your phone die on you mid way is something no one likes.

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have one, but keep it for emergencies only even though the power can drain away. I find the best way to preserve power is to close the apps you aren't using. Trying to charge it constantly will weaken the battery, so only use a power bank if there is no other choice. Charging from the mains is always the best way, and to switch off your phone at the same time. I learned the hard way, charging while using does really reduce the battery.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Power banks are quite useful and I'm glad they were invented. I only use them when my battery is low and needed charging when I'm out of the house. They can save you money by helping extend battery use instead of being forced to buy a new battery unit. Power banks have gotten more affordable and they work across multiple devices so they're worth the money. I wish there'd be a portable charger for laptop.

#12Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  13. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    It really useful for people that are outside a lot of time since it's convenient and very useful.

14. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    If you use your smartphone or othe rhand held devises too much, it is very likely that you will drain the battery of your device. You can easily charge your device, when you are home, however, if you are outdoors, you need alternate power source. Here lies the importtance of powerbank. I have a powerbank that can charge my phone 100 percent twice. When it was new I could charge three times, but these days I can only charge twice.

15. Cabaline

CabalineNew Member

Threads:
    I love my powerbank, I don't think I could survive without it!
    I have a very long commute and at my job, my phone is needed for research but I do not have the opportunity to charge it, this is where my powerbank comes in very useful.
    On my days out I also like to meet up with a group of local people and play Pokemon Go together, we will walk about outside for hours so I need my powerbank to keep my battery from draining.

16. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I love power banks. They give my devices the extra boost of energy. I always use my phone so I do drain the battery sooner than expected. Power bank gives me the extra push for my phone to survive for the day. I don't like bringing chargers on my work area because you're always checking your phone to see if it is still there. With power banks, my phone is safe in my pocket while charging.