What Do You Prefer- Going To Mall Or Watching Movie At Home?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Ray1 • Oct 28, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't you think it's way cheaper if you use streaming service to watch a movie than going to watch it in a cinema hall or you think watching a movie in opening week is must for you? I am not a great movie watcher so it makes not much of a difference to me but I would like to read your opinion please!

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is definitely cheaper to avail of streaming facility especially when there are many of you at home. Think of the money you can save. But for us, I would rather go to the cinema because watching a movie is actually a date for me and my wife. It is imperative to eat out after the movie. And if you think it is expensive, I will agree but the joy is worth the cost. Watching movies at home is boring sometimes.

3. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I prefer to watching a movie at home. I enjoy a movie when am watching it alone. Moreover, going cinema hall is a little expensive for me.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I do prefer watching movies at home not just because I safe money but because it's more comfortable. Having a three year old at the movie thearters can be stressful for both the child and the parents. Children most often get bored of staying in one place so sometimes they want to come out earlier.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Well... I think using a streaming service is certainly cheaper, but as I'm a movie addict, I have to watch movies on the big screen, haha. It's always an experience that makes me feel very satisfied.

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sure streaming services are cheaper but sometimes I like to splurge in life, live a little. That idea is especially true if it's some action movie that was obviously meant for the movies. However, though, you can recreate a theater somewhat at home with surround sound and a big screen - but it still isn't the same.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Of course, it is cheaper to download for free a movie and watch it at home, paying a ticket to a cinema mall, soda, popcorn or snacks this is a way much expensive than watching a movie at home.
    From the other point of view is much nicer to watch a movie at the mall than watching it at home!

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    These days I prefer to watch the movie on Amazon Prime and Netflix. As it saves me money. Also keeps me occupied with the content that can be checked before watching. In case of mall, the money is wasted. And also the amount of the time it takes for the mall is good enough too.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. It is very cheaper watching movies at home and that is what I prefer. But it is fulfilling to treat ourselves out to a movie once in a while. So I will still consider going to watch a movie at the cinema. :D

10. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    As much as saving on movies is important, treating yourself is equally as crucial. Besides, spending a little on action or horror movies which require the 3D experience or even the 7D will not be the same as setting up some huge speakers in your living room. Some may disagree with this but wait till you get a worthwhile movie, you will find yourself willingly buying tickets to the movie and never wishing to tell anyone what you did. Sometimes it is better to just lay on the couch next to your girl when she wants to watch romantic movies. It is better to agree than face her.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you get a great experience at home and why should you miss out on the theater-like fun-and besides, I like watching a lot of the older movies anyways, so I like to stream them at home for free and with stereo sound as well. If I am with family though, its nice to go to the theater-but a lot of the time, I really cannot relate to the new movies or they are just plain awful I would say. You can even create a theater experience as well in the comfort of your own home -you can also rewatch scenes over again if you want to.

12. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I watch movie for entertainment and fun. It is more entertaining and fun to watch movie in the theater than in home. Therefore, I go to the theater to watch movie. I don't go to movies too often, not even every week. I don't spend too much on movies. Streaming is alsp a good option for movies. I sometimes use this feature. Streaming saves money because a lot of people can watch a movue by paying a little price.

13. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    First, in the cinema hall you have to pay, at home you will not pay. Second, traveling to the cinema needs money as fare, but at home no need for fare. In the cinema you will need to take your lunch there so you will spend a lot, at home you will prepare your own cheap meal. Therefore, I never prefer going to watch movies in town away from my house. Unless if it is on important occasion, for instance, Christmas day, I can take a ride there once in a while.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    There are certain movies that I look at and just know that I will want to see in a theater or a more formal setting. Everything else, though, I am just fine with curling up at home and watching it on a big TV.

15. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Although watching on streaming is cheaper but I still prefer to watch on cinema especially if the actors or actresses in the movie are my idols. It's my ideal date with my husband too since we both love movies. I also love the comfort that cinema offers while eating my favorite popcorn and sipping my iced coffee. Yes, it is expensive but I don't care as long as it gives me joy.

16. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Of course it is much cheaper to watch a movie at home but sometimes, there are some movies made in a way that you can enjoy the experience of watching them only on big screens. Such as the movie made by Disney The Jungle Book, there is absolutely no fun watching it on small screen at home. It is expensive to watch movies in cinema, but at least once or twice in a year, there is no harm in indulging yourself, but only for the good ones!

17. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I love my Netflix. Sitting curled up on my favorite sofa with the lights out watching Netflix on my laptop is my happy place:). But I also like going to the cinemas maybe once a month with family or friends. It is a great way to relax and have fun while catching up on a new flick.

18. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I have a rather severe phobia of malls in general :eek::p...and I try to avoid them altogether if I can. Something about a mall makes me feel like I can't breath, and I always end up running out of there in a panic. It's a true phobia, what can I say.
    I like watching movies at home, and when one of my top-fave movies just so happens to be on TV, I really get a kick out of it for some reason, and end up watching the whole thing from beginning to end. I like that it's just naturally on, that I didn't have to go out of my way to order it or rent it. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE watching stuff on youtube. Spiritual videos, supernatural, do-it-yourself tutorials on skincare, etc. I would say it's an even tie between my TV and youtube. Even if a really good movie comes out at the show (or mall), I'd rather just wait it out until it's on regular TV. ;) Or watch the trailer for it on youtube. :)

19. bsiy8

bsiy8New Member

Threads:
    Well, i like to watch at mall. The sound and environment there makes me more excited than being at home.