What Do You Look For In A Phone?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by mildredtabitha • Sep 1, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I am planning on buying a new phone soon. The one I have is cracked and the internal memory is not enough for the applications I need. The version of my phone does not support the latest apps I want. I would like to know what you paid attention to at the time you purchased your phone.

2. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    There are basic things you should check out for when purchasing a new mobile device, they are, but not limited to when the phone was manufactured; it is necessary you check when the mobile device was first out in the market so as to know if you're going for a device that will last longer for you and one which you can easily locate its parts in the market if it develops any issue in the future.

Secondly, you have to take a look at the battery capacity, that is if you're a phone addict like I am, to compare and contrast if it is a battery that can serve you well to avoid charging it every 2 hours of usage. Another thing you can check out for on a mobile phone before purchase has to do with the RAM capacity, if you're somehow that downloads heavy files/apps on a phone, to know if the capacity can be able to run all the apps you'll be downloading later in the future without freezing or slowing down performance.

I think there are much more other factors like checking the current price of such phones at online stores if you're buying in a physical store to avoid being cheated on the price. So, take notes of these while getting your new device.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    @Barida@Barida I have noted that and thank-you very much for that tip. I will focus more on the RAM because I need to store some important applications and I also like playing games. So I want a phone that can support all the games I like. I will also check the price to make sure I don't get cheated. I will also check the durability of the phone and if it has spare parts available in shops so I can easily replace incase of problems in the future. :)

#3Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    There are four qualities I look forward to when buying a new phone. They are RAM size, phone memory, battery capacity and camera pixel.

RAM (Random Access Memory) is one of the important thing to consider when buying a new phone because the RAM size actually determine the processing capabilities of the the phone. The higher the RAM size, the quicker or faster it processes data and it also prevents the phone from hanging when too many applications are open and actively connected to Internet data. The preferred RAM size I go for when buying any phone products is from 2 gigabyte upwards.

PHONE MEMORY is also another good variable I take very serious when buying a new phone. Having adequate memory space is very important because it allows you to save up lots data and information, files etc. But having insufficient memory space is so frustrating as it limits once information storage. From 16 gigabyte memory size is the least I will consider buying in any phone.

BATTERY CAPACITY is the core basis of any phone. If the the is always low on battery power, then the phone is actually useless because when one would probably desire to use the phone for something important, the battery would be dead. A good battery life capacity to be considered is from 4000 amph upwards.

CAMERA PIXEL is a thing for fine good quality pictures. This is what appeals to girls mostly because they enjoy snapping a lot. 13 pixels upwards is the minimum consideration for good picture quality.

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    When I go shopping for a new phone model, the first thing I do is to check the web for phone reviews and the phone unboxing videos which are more common on the net. Then the price comparisons, the model type and the brand name. And the crucial part is checking the phone model itself,the manufacturer, the price, availability, the RAM size, battery capacity, OS version and internet connectivity. I'm not too much in the graphics and the camera side, so I don't take too much emphasis on them.

6. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    The things I check whenever I buy a phone is battery life, since there are times that I do go out and stay outdoors a lot I want my phone to last long while outdoors. Second would be the sound quality, there are phones that doesn't really sound that good even if you plug in a good headphones, and since I love playing music, that's what I lookout for. And I would check the games I can download last since I really do not spend a lot of time playing games in my phone and I rarely download apps.

7. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Well they say big things come in small packages, but honestly when it comes to mobile phones, I believe the opposite is true. I just can't help but pronounce my love for phones, with big screens. Preferably 5.5" and above. This ensures that my eyes do not ache as I try to struggle and figure out what the phone is displaying. Well, much of the other things I look for, have already been mentioned above so I let me spare you the trouble of having to read the same thing again.

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays I just look for at least 1 GB RAM, and if the battery is removable or not, since I prefer the removable ones. I don't want unknown brands of phones, so I prefer to buy from established brands like Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, Asus, etc.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a user friendly person for all tech things. The most important is if the smartphone has what I use and the ease of using it. I look for deals, like the one Virgin Mobile has now $1 a month service plan, Sprint has iphone specials, T-Mobile has a special about using 4 lines for just $100, so on and so forth. I don't know if these specials are still active or not, but when I see the advertisement I go window shopping for it and see what they offer. It saves money and the smartphones are current and popular ones too. Good luck in finding your new smartphone. There is a new phone for Seniors or people who need to have a one press to get help smartphone from JitterBug I saw yesterday on tv...so it depends on what you want in a smartphone and if there is a deal with it to save money for me.

10. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I have focused in two features. Firstly, a good camera because my hobby is photographing beautiful landscapes and moments. Secondly, a good battery assure several hours of using. However, I choose a Windows 10 mobile.. well a bad choice. I do not have the main apps and other important things. Nowadays, I am searching a new smartphone.

11. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Honestly, the camera and resolution of the screen are the main factors. However, the quality of sound, fingerprint/face recognition are also two very important factors. Personally, I would never buy a phone if it doesn't have fingerprint/face recognition, and unless you want to remove your code, you need the fingerprint option, as typing your thread a hundred times per day is going to be exhausting.

12. Pioneerauthor

PioneerauthorNew Member

Threads:
    I try leveraging a mobile phone to make some bucks out of it. I heard some advertisements about how I can turn my phone a money making machine and gave it a try right away. Though I couldn't find it easy when I got started, I am already making some extra cash using a mobile phone today. A lot of people who got some ways to earn online are using their phones to work and are earning lots of dollars online.

13. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing that I look in a phone is its battery and charging power which underscore its functionality. Then I head for its RAM ( it must be 2GB or more) and of course, the price. I check there indicators on the reverse order I have listed them and then visit different shops comparing the prices.

14. pmk1996

pmk1996New Member

Threads:
    The main thing I look for in a phone is the internal memory size. If it's small.. For example 8gb and below the phone doesn't work properly even when you purchase an external memory. The battery life and internet speed is also of importance to me.

15. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I dont really have many demands or obligations that the phone has to fit into, it needs to be of high quality and great display..

16. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    For me, the most important things I look for in a phone are the quality of the camera, the RAM and phone size. Camera has to be at least 8 mega pixels and RAM at least 1GB. The size has to be more than 5 inch and storage capacity up to 8GB.

17. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing I am looking to a new phone are the memory and the camera details. Sine the app takes a lot of memory I want a phone with a large one to support all the app and games I want to install. Of course the price must be acceptable as well.

18. eminem77

eminem77New Member

Threads:
    Camera quality and battery span.

19. avaleycoupons

avaleycouponsNew Member

Threads:
    Battery, Internal Memory Size, Camera quality...all very important!

20. fisham

fishamNew Member

Threads:
    Camera and battery