What Do You Do When You Run Out Of Money?

Discussion in Personal Finance started by mildredtabitha • Oct 4, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I don't remember any incident when I have face such situation so far. But I guess that depend on the situation. If we ran out of money and we have enough things (even if it is little less) for living then I guess we can spend that much time without money till we get upcoming payments. But if we are in some serious situation where money is seriously needed then I guess we don't have any other choice than borrowing money.

2. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 It's good to have a place like this and I think it's better for them to teach people what to do instead of just give them money too. I am not sure if there is such place in my country. I just always read from newspapers where there are people who need help and also ask for donations. I think here we can contact the newspapers company for help, or some charity organizations as well.

I have not totally run out of money before. I always kept some savings and spent within my budget. But now as I am a stay at home mom, I just rely on my husband to do the financial planning. Though we are living with tight budget, we are still living well so far. I hope I can make some money, so we can put aside some money for emergency purpose. That's what I always think is important and it has helped me many times when I was really in need of money.

#22Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  3. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    I hate borrowing money from anyone but there are circumstances, when you are forced to borrow. If there are unexpected expenses, medical emergencies or if the salary is delayed for the month, I normally take a gold loan. I ensure to pay off the loan soon to avoid high interest.

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @mildredtabitha@mildredtabitha Borrowing money is a big no no for me. I don't even have a credit card. I prefer to save and then spend. What I have is then mine and mine alone.

When I am short of funds, I pull back my spending and cut out the unnecessary expenditures like eating out and drinking out.

#24Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  5. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:

Its so embarrassing to run out of money when you are in need of it.With me I run out of cash when I was in college and it happened that I was staying with my relative from whom I was depending on for any assistance. On a particular day when i was traveling to school to attend classes I realized I had no enough cash and this discouraged me and I couldn't concentrate on my studies. It disturbed me but anyway I had to find a way.I called a friend who also failed me.I had some savings in my bank account which I withdrew and this really helped me because I was almost giving up.

Through the little savings we make maybe daily or weekly will help a lot and by planning in advance to know how much we need to spend daily.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I understand you completely. I also do not like borrowing. I am now wiser to know that it is good to save for rainy days. I wouldn't want to be in that situation where I have no money to spend.

It is really good to have savings because there is no guarantee that the the person we borrow from has enough money to even give out. I also plan in advance nowadays and so I can be able to know how much I need. We also need to have extra money for emergency.

7. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    :D:D:D,,, I just don't know why but one feels hungrier and walking distances seem much longer, when one is broke. I remember it like yesterday, while I was boarding at high school, and happened to finish my pocket money, just a couple of weeks after opening school. This time was too short for me to request for another amount from my parents, otherwise they would be led to think I have started engaging in some bad activities such as buying drugs. Basically, that is how I was introduced to debts.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Thank God this never happened to me, but I would look for ways to not run out of Money and the internet offers a decent profit for this... I mean, if you are a dedicated and focused person to achieve your own goals. :)

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I've had this happen to me several times good thing most of the time I think ahead and buy all I need when I have the money to before all is spent. If I really need it my parents are nice enough to let me borrow for a few days and I pay them back a week later. I don't like to borrow but if there is an emergency I have to do anything to get by.

10. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Good thing i always save money every single month since i learned from previous experiences to always save up for anything.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I run low of money, so far thank God, but never run out of money. There is foodbanks all over the world and America to find food. You can apply for SNAP and you get a debit card, but have a 6 months review and yearly application for it, but it's worth it instead of not having food. Benefits.gov is a good place to go to for Americans to see what you are eligible for too. You can sell things on letgo.com for cash, but meet in a public & safe place. Hope this helps and you're welcome in advance.

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Make sure to get a job. And that can give you money enough to run around. And keep saving. It is something we have to learn in due process. I would get a job if things run out with the money. Because that seems to be the way. There are times when the money can be seriously low. But I make sure to invest it the right way. And that seems to be the way things are changing. Saving and investing eventually helps out as well.

13. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I asked some help with my mom when I was in the hospital and definitely ran out of money. It's so devastating. I never used to that. The feeling that you don't want to run out of money again because it's shameful to borrow from others. What if they don't have spare money? Where will you go to, right? Sell some pre-owned items? How much will that cost? So to avoid that from happening, there should be a budget plan.