What Do Prefer - Gas, Electric Or Combination?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Ray1 • Sep 18, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think cooking on firewood is one of the oldest ways but it's no more economical. The firewood is so costly these days that when we buy it for a occasional Punjabi BBQ we spend more money on wood rather than on what we spend on cooking things. Besides firewood is not a healthy way for it emits so much smoke which is certainly a health hazard.

2. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I am using gas for cooking as I have got used to it and don't plan to invest in the electric stove though my parents and siblings have all changed to use the electric stoves and my mom even gave me one. I am not sure which will help me to save more, but I don't plan to buy all the cookwares for electric stoves at the moment, so staying at where I am would help to save more.

It's nice to use coal and firewood. I haven't try firewood before, but my mom sometimes use coal to cook especially soup as she said it tastes better.

3. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer using a gas cooker in all my cooking at home. However,as an alternative, I have an emergency kerosene stove that I use in case the gas supply is limited. I have other people around my home using firewood to cook but it really produces a lot of smoke, and also the cutting down of trees to obtain firewood- I think that would be pollution to the environment.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I always use electric to cook my food,unless I am cooking outside-then I tend to use appplewood or cherrywood chunks when cooking my food along with charcoal. I think gas was used a lot when I was a kid growing up-and I had no problem-but now you see some house explosions that blow up the whole neighborhood, because of a fauty gas line,which is quite spooky(I may suffer from Ekrixiphobia or something-the fear of explosions) !