What Countries Have You Have Been To?

Discussion in Travel started by Sunflower_Michele54 • Mar 5, 2017.

1. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54New Member

Threads:
    A few years ago, I traveled to Germany and Poland with my fiance. We also had a layover in Canada that was unexpected. It was my first Time Out of the United States. I enjoyed both countries a lot! They're both wonderful countries to visit. I would love to visit more countries in Europe. I want to visit Romania, Ukraine, Italy, and Spain as well. What countries have you been to? Did you enjoy yourself?

2. animesh kumar singh

animesh kumar singhNew Member

Threads:
    I have visited France so far. Its a great country. I have visited cities Grenoble, Paris, lyon, Nice. I had no issues there related to the food I like

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been to Japan. I liked it a lot. Got to ride the Bullet Train, see real live deers and ate a lot of delicious food. Saw
    Misora Hibari on stage too. Since we were her fans, we enjoyed it so much. Too bad she passed. She was one of a kind singer with a very big singing range. I'd go traveling anytime as long as we can stay at hotels with good food, lol!

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have visited number of countries including Canada, England, New Zealand, Australia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc and few other countries where I do not need Passport or Visa like Bhutan and Nepal. I still get a kind of thrill when I listen about visiting a different country despite having visited number of them. I love going to places and try to study their culture as much as possible.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from my work assignments in London and US, my fist touring trip was to Hongkong in 1994. And then I got another work assignment in Singapore in 2010. On the following year, we learned of the discounted plane tickets of Cebu Pacific. That started our yearly travel because my wife loves to travel (especially on discounted fare). On 2011, we went to Hongkong twice and Singapore too. On the next year, we had been traveling to at least 3 countries. This year, we have 6 countries in our schedule and we already have the plane tickets, all discounted, of course – Malaysia (Jan), Japan (March 15), Hongkong (May), Taiwan (Oct) South Korea (Nov), Singapore (Dec).

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy I had been to Hongkong, Singapore and few gulf countries like Dubai and Bahrain but I did not take them in account because the trip were too small to call them "I visited them" I can say the same about Malaysia as well where I stayed for less than 24 hours on my way to Australia. That was lot of fun though and the hotel where I stayed was something to remember.

7. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy @Ray1@Ray1 I am glad to hear you have "visited" my country, Malaysia. I used to wish to travel around for my work, but when I have my own family, especially after my first child was born, I just prefer to stay at home more. :D

I have visited Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan and Australia. I studied in Australia during my final year in uni, and I really like the suburb I was staying. I like the environment and people there, and I always thought of migrating there too. Phuket in Thailand is a nice place to visit too, and the people there are very friendly.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Glad to know @kaka135@kaka135 you lived here and completed your final year studies in this beautiful country. I have a home here in Sydney and was curious to know about your location while you stayed here. By the way I was supposed to stay in Canberra but managed to shift my office to a suburb in Blue Mountains area which is far convenient and cheaper and the best part of my job is I am operating from my home.

#8Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017
  9. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I stayed in Bathurst, a small town in New South Wales. If I am not mistaken, it takes 2.5 hour drive to Sydney and more than an hour to Blue Mountains. I visited Adelaide, Blue Mountains, Sydney and also Canberra when I was there, but didn't manage to go to Melbourne. Though it is more convenient to get everything we need in Sydney, I still prefer the quiet place in Bathurst, and I feel safe even going out at night too, and people there are very friendly and helpful. It's different from where I live now. Perhaps country life is just very different from city life.

It's good that you were working from home, so you still stayed in Sydney, right? It's nearer to Blue Mountains too.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @
    I live in Penrith which is a business district of Sydney itself about 55 km away from airport and almost same distance from Katoomba the main town of Blue Mountains. As you must be aware about fast and well connected train services of Australia. I think I know Bathurst as it is less than 150 km from Penrith and for its Chars Sturt Uni and Mount Panorama.

11. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad that I visited China early last year. I really enjoyed my stay there, since the country has more diverrse cultures. Its people are also welcoming too, and the climate is more than nice.

12. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    You have visited many countries. As for me, I have only visited one foreign country,which is China. Foreign in that those outside my continent. I would like to visit as many countries as possible to learn their culture. I am sure I will have to do that in the near future.

13. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am from Romania and I advise you to come and visit because you have a lot of great places to see, believe me, you will not be sorry. I have visited Turkey and Bulgary until now, this year we go to Greece for the first time. I always travel with my family and we enjoy our trips and the new country we visit.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Not nearly enough is the short answer. I have been to a few in Europe but that was only one trip, which after coming back it was clear was not nearly enough time. I have always wanted to go to Asia and that is my next goal.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You would be glad you decided to visit Asia as the cost of living, food and transportation is almost nothing compared to what you invest in Europe. However you will have to chose your destination carefully before planning your trip. I suggest you consider India, Thailand, Hongkong, Singapore, Bali, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Maldweep for your Asian trip. Most of these places have a lot to offer you on a very reasonable price.

16. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been fortunate enough to visit any European countries because I hardly have any friends there whom I say that I'm likely to go visit. So that part of the world is excluded for me. But I have been to Ghana and South Africa. The two countries are good as well compared to my mother land Nigeria. It's was a very nice a experience for me visiting both these two countries.

17. Rachellecd

RachellecdNew Member

Threads:
    I must admit I love to travel. I joined the military to see the world. So, I feel very fortunate to have been to Germany, Korea, France, England, Polandand and Spain. One of my most favorite destinations is Dubai. UAE is a country everyone needs to experience. The attractions, rest and relation, pampering and shopping are fantastic. Even after the military as a civilian working in Afghanistan; I have been to Malaysia and Thailand. There is something so attractive about the eastern cultures. The food isn't half bad either. I think the take away is too not only expand your mind but, to be able to appreciate where you come from. There is beauty throughout the whole world just waiting to be discovered.

18. StephanieZS07

StephanieZS07New Member

Threads:
    I've been to Bangkok and phuket. People in tropical countries are very enthusiastic. The fruits there are also very delicious. :cool:

19. Eva_Eva

Eva_EvaNew Member

Threads:
    I have visited plenty of countries including England, Sri Lanka, France, the Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Italy, etc. I get kind of inspiration when I listen about new, different country which I haven't visited yet. I love going to different places and try to understand their culture, find something unusual, cause each country is unique.

20. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmyMember

Threads:
    I have not been to any country until I married a foreign man from South Korea. That is why it is not only that I had been to this country but I had migrated living here as well. Maybe if me and my husband will have the chance to have a vacation in our works we had a list of countries we would like to visit like Rome Italy, Singapore, Japan, Canada and America. Even 2 countries out of this 5 countries is just okay.