What Are The Fees Associated With A Paypal Debit Master Card?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by mildredtabitha • Oct 31, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I just learned recently that Paypal has a card too. But before I consider applying for it, I would like to know the fees associated with a PayPal debit master card.

It is a process when it comes to withdrawing money from PayPal. It takes days to get money in PayPal after withdrawing from a site and also 3 more days for the amount to reflect in bank account after withdrawing from PayPal.

Although it takes long for me to finally get the cash in hand, the fees I encounter is very low and I can't complain. A PayPal card will definitely make it easier ad fast. Share your experience with using PayPal debit master card.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not 100% sure about this information (it's just a thought), but I think it depends on the country and the type of card you're using (because the fees/taxes usually vary a lot, it becomes annoying :mad:).

3. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly, i'm quite sure that it varies depending on the country and other measures such your account standings and balance.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have one and it was free, no fees at all. You just have to wait till it arrives in the mail. To load it from my jobs, is free too. I pay nothing. You got to watch your balances yourself for so far no one keeps a running amt. balance for you except yourself. I also have a Payoneer debit master card which was free, but loading it has a fee. Some jobs insist on using Payoneer, so I had no choice but to get a Payoneer debit mastercard. Paypal will ask you for a backup for your debit mastercard, so be prepared to give them your checking information too.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't think these were available in the UK but when I googled it, it said they were by invitation only. Well I haven't had an invitation as far as I know so I'm not sure whether I would be able to have one. I always have money in my paypal account so I don't see why I shouldn't.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have one of the PayPal debit cards, too, and mine was free and had no fees to get it or use it. As @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe mentioned, you do need to have a checking account to tie the card to, and you also have had to have used PayPal for while, like maybe 6 months (don’t remember anymore ).
    Once you have the debit card, you can use it just like any other bank card and make purchases in stores or online, or even get cash back with it. When you add it as a payment option on Amazon, you can also use it for the purchases you make there, just like a regular debit or credit card.
    PayPal even rewards you for using the card for your transactions, not a lot but if you used the card for a bunch of purchases, then it could add up faster.

7. mildredtabitha

Threads:
    Thanks for this information. I really can't even believe it is free. So you mean I can use the PayPal card on ATMs and not experience a single fee! I also have payoneer card but I learned it has many small fees and so it won't be convenient for me now. :D

I have just used PayPal for 3 months now and I will check again next year to see if I will be able to get the card. I can't wait to have the card. Can someone verify PayPal with a PayPal card? Does the card ever expire?

8. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :(Unfortunately if the ATM machine you're using isn't with your bank you'll pay a fee...I never used my paypal at an ATM, yet only made purchases with it at stores so I don't really know about ATM machines for paypal use...maybe the bank can help you with that at their customer service dept. Paypal has given me free debit mastercard and I don't pay fees for it being loaded by a company, so this is what I mean of free. Bank machines will charge if your card isn't from their bank or banks associated with the machine no matter what card you use.

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that just about any card that a person uses at a cash machine, you are required to pay a fee for the use of the machine. When it is at a bank, or associated with a certain bank, then you don’t pay if the card is from that bank.
    Some stores will let you pay with PayPal, even if you do not have the PayPal debit card, and Dollar General is one of the stores I have seen that have this kind of payment. Of course, once you have the debit card, you can use that anywhere, just like any other debit card.
    The PayPal debit card expires every year or two, just like any other credit/debit card. There is always an expiration date on the card, and you just renew it when it expires.
    The best way to tell if you can get the PayPal debit card is to go to the PayPal website and then apply for one. As long as you have a checking account to link it to, that might be all you need. PayPal also offers a credit card, which does a credit check; so you can choose whichever type of card you want to apply for.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a difference between the PayPal credit card and the PayPal debit card. The debit card is completely free and has no fees associated with it. I am not sure about the PayPal credit card whether any fees are charged on that card or not. Some credit cards have annual fees and others dont.

11. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    You make a good point, it can be easily misunderstood to assume that both cards have the same fees, credit card might have higher.

12. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    Wow I never knew that Paypal has a physical card too. Many people are asking me on how to get this card and I just always reply that there is no Paypal card. I just connect debit card to my Paypal account in order for me to withdraw. Right now in the Philippines we have an application called GCASH where we can transfer Paypal funds to the app instantly. Transfer is also free of charge which is very much helpful and useful to people like me who works online.

13. mildredtabitha

Threads:

Thanks. I really didn't know about the credit card either. I only know PayPal debit MasterCard which I expected to function both as a credit and debit card. :D
    Thanks again for this information. :D I will confirm that at my place before applying for the card. :D
    It is really good to know about apps like GCASH. The apps in my place for transferring cash are mostly introduced by the bank. I have never used apps for money before. But I am happy you shared about it.

14. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Well you might not have been aware it since not a lot of people use it as the other cards but it's quite useful and accepted everywhere.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :pYou know what...I just saw a new commercial while watching television COZY or KUPU station where they are showing Kojak. Netspend.com is what it is and it's free and the commercial says you can get your paycheck 2 days earlier. WOW even govt. payments like social security benefits are earlier. I'm looking into it now too. I just saw it moments ago and never knew about it until today. Good luck in choosing your debit card!

16. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :pI just saw on television while watching Kojak, on KUPU or Cozy TV this commercial about Netpay.com! It says in the commercial that you can get your paycheck 2 days earlier and even social security payments earlier too!!! I like old television so I go to Cozy, and other stations where I can watch old tv series like Kojak. Then this commercial comes on and I just checked it out, it is legit and seems very good. It's FDIC too, so it's okay. I'm seriously checking it out for myself too. Here is another option for a debit master or visa card for us to use wisely.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    :pI never heard of GCASH and I'll check into it too. It's good to know our options when it comes to debit cards. I like paypal for everything is free. I like free, lol, who doesn't! I just heard on tv watching Kojak, just now, about netpay.com too. You can get your paycheck earlier they say even social security card too, wow this is great. I'm looking into it now. Thanks for the information!

18. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately Gcash is currently available only in the Philippines. I am not very sure if it will be available to other countries specially it is powered by our local telephone network here "Globe". Yes it is 100% free to transfer money through Gcash app. Yes I like free stuff and services too but in paypal not everything is free. Of course they have to earn money to continue their wonderful services through some small fees. For me their current fees are tolerable and acceptable for the services they provide.

19. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well people are obliged to do a lot of research to determine whether the service offered is worth it for them or not before deciding.

20. Krissttina Isobe

Threads:
    Okay. Thanks for the information. I hadn't had time to check about it and came here first. It sounds very good like paypal, totally free...even the debit mastercard is free. I like paypal a lot for they don't charge for every little thing like payoneer does, though payoneer gives you a free debit mastercard too. Thanks again.