What airline would you say gives the best discounts?

Discussion in Travel started by Danblu • Apr 8, 2013.

1. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    So, not being a very traveled person, I'd like to make a change this year. I'd like to travel, a lot, maybe start with just a couple of new places in Europe and then expand Worldwide. I don't know anything about travelling by plane, did it by train, car, even boat, but planes are something I'm not even slightly familiar.

So, I'm thinking about going around by plane, the question is, do you know who gives their costumers the best discounts or bonuses?

It can be an airline flying from Europe or any other one really, I'm sure some other person will find it useful to know as well!

2. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I can't help you in Europe, but if you're ever travelling within the United States, go for AirTran. They're the cheapest and best airline I've ever tried. There's a lot of places they don't fly, but they've always fit my personal needs. I wish you luck on your travelling plans!

3. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    We used to always fly with Midwest Express. We always loved Midwest Express for service, price and comfort. Now that Midwest Express is no longer, we always fly with Air Tran. We find that Air Tran has great prices and always has flights to where we travel to. We also love the service that we get on Air Tran. We are signed up with their card. We get points from flying with them as well as for booking a car rental with Hertz car rental. We exchange these points for a free flight as well as for upgrading to business. On Air Tran, you get two free cocktails and two free luggage, wider seats and bags of chips in the business section. This is definitely worth it. I would recommend Air Tran for your travel choice.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Eva Air gives amazing and best discounts! One time I was supposed to pay $1,500 going to the US from Manila, but with EVA Air I only paid $1000! I saved $500!

5. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    When traveling in the U.S., I agree, go with AirTran. They have branches of airlines such as Southwest airlines, and they offer a lot of discounted tickets as well as all inclusive package deals for various locations. For traveling to the U.S., Virgin Airways offers great service and great deals as does Delta...you just have to keep an eye out for their deals...they aren't advertised as much as say AirTran. Also, if you book your flights on a travel site, such as HotWire.com, you will also get pretty cheap tickets...just be prepared to fly at the time they tell you to!

6. Alexis

AlexisNew Member

Threads:
    Airtran & Allegiant are the best.

Just have to watch out for the extra fees for pre-selecting your seat & bag fees.