Ways to save on a trip to Universal Studios Florida

Discussion in Travel started by couponaholic • Jun 28, 2012.

1. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    We would like to take a trip to Florida in August. We would also like to go to Universal Studios in Orlando while we are there and would like to stay in a hotel that is close enough that we can walk to the amusement park. If the hotel provides shuttle service to Universal Studios that's good too. We have been wanting to go for a long time, but have never been able to. This will be our first year and we are so excited.

Does anyone have some tips that can help us save a little on our park tickets and/or hotel? Any other tips for saving on food and beverages?

2. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I recently visited Orlando, FL and I took my children to Disney. Do you know anyone that lives in Orlando that could purchase the park tickets for you? My aunt purchased our park tickets before we arrived because the park tickets are cheaper if its purchase in Orlando, FL instead of buying it online using the state where you reside in. Food and beverages were a little price, but I suggest you visit cheaptickets.com and expedia.com to compare the cost at hotels close to the park. This would give you a better ideal of the estimated hotel cost and if its not too expensive you should go ahead and book the hotel room/s now.

3. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    Orlando Travel Expert at your Service!!!

I am SOOO excited because you are the type of person that I have come to this blog to meet. I am an avid Orlando visitor, and I consider myself an expert on budget Orlando travel (I actually have a website dedicated to it . . .YAY FOR ME:rolleyes:). I live to try to help people plan their Orlando vacations.

Pretty much all hotels (if they are worth anything) provide shuttle service to the theme parks. The Hotels along Universal Studios are highly rated, and they tend to be expensive compared to the average price of a hotel per night. I do not know if that matters to you. If you do stay in the Universal Resort hotels, you can either walk or take their ferry boat shuttle service to both parks and to parts of CityWalk. These 3 hotels are pricey, but they are very nice.

Here's your ticket tips:

You can get Universal and Islands of Adventure multi-day tickets. They will be cheaper than buying one-day tickets. My advice to you is to get at least a 3-day park hopper ticket. They are not cheap, per-say, but you will need about 3 days to explore everything and then re-do your favorite rides.

You will run into instances where long wait times will keep you from exploring the parks in their entirety.

Here's another big tip: You DO NOT have to pay full price for your theme park tickets. I actually wrote an article on it on HubPages. There are ways you can legitimately get discounted theme park tickets mailed to your home or delivered to your hotel room. I do it all the time.

Here's the big tip:

If you get an Orlando Flex ticket, it gives you not only Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, but you get SeaWorld, Aquatica (water park), Wet 'n Wild (water park), and Busch gardens Tampa (with the 6-park flex ticket). You get unlimited entry into all of these parks for 14 straight days. The best part is that if you poke around online for a little while, you can get these flex tickets at a discount. I don't know if I'm allowed to give you links because I don't want to violate rules of this forum. But your best bet is an Orlando Flex Ticket. The price may sound high at first, but if you are going during the summer, remember that you pay one price for 14 days of theme park exploration.

The 14 days start after you first enter any of the parks, and it expires in 14 days whether you use the time or not. It's still much cheaper than buying individual tickets! Let me know how your trip turns out!!!