Ways To Save Money When Buying From Amazon

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Aug 18, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you know that it's possible to save money if you bought a product from an overseas Amazon site? Apparently the prices of what's sold on Amazon sites vary. There are items which might be cheaper by up to $30 in an overseas Amazon site. So even if you forked out $15 on shipping, you'd still save $15.

When you want to buy something from Amazon, take a look what it costs on other Amazon sites. If you could save by buying from an overseas Amazon site . . .

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    That's a great tip!

They also have a coupons section on their site and if you apply some of these then you're able to save even more if you happen to be buying the items they have coupons for. It's well worth looking at in my opinion. I was able to save some money on dog food before. Because my dog needs a very restricted diet due to a skin condition he has he can only have one brand of food. I was able to get it half price on there one time by making use of coupons they had on there and an existing sale on the brand!

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never even checked out any of the other countries for Amazon. I know that some people that live in other countries said it was expensive to have items shipped, and I just assumed that getting it from our own Amazon stores would always be the cheapest way to go.
    Since we use Prime, I would guess that the shipping would be a lot slower if it came from another cuntry and Prime shipping was not included, The item might take a lot longer to be shipped; but if it was not something that you needed right away, then that might not be an issue.
    What kinds of items did you find on Amazon that were cheaper from a different overseas website, @Denis Hard@Denis Hard ?

4. abonnen

abonnenActive Member

Threads:
    They have coupons that you can use to save money. I also do Bing to get gift cards for amazon, I really have not looked at oversea amazon sites though. I may have to take a look at them.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the insight. I have browsed through Amazon before and I have seen some differences in some prices but I had never given this situation much attention. Now that you have pointed it out I will really check it out to see where the better deals would be.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Electronics.

Thing though is people who live in the EU are probably the ones who'd get the best deals because if you for example you are a French citizen buying something from Amazon.de you may not have pay customs fees. You'd have to factor in customs fees and any other fees before buying from an overseas Amazon website else you may not save any money.

7. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    One known thing is I cherish shopping at Amazon.com. I am a prime part and I shop online consistently. That doesn't mean I think Amazon is the best value constantly. For example, I just purchased a work area (at long last) for my home office. While I scanned Amazon for a work area, I discovered my work area at Staples.com. Amazon and Staples both charge deals assess, yet Staples was less expensive and the delivery was free. Because you adore Amazon, doesn't mean you generally spare cash.

Amazon has somewhat known area of their site which incorporate arrangements from returns or broken boxes amid shipments. They examine their whole stock and stock and ones they can't offer as new goes into their Amazon Distribution center Arrangements segment.

On top of Amazon's stockroom bargains, they likewise have an outlet segment. You can go there and discover profound rebates on new things consistently.

8. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do this bjt I always have found that the total cost from.an overseas site costs me more than the country based site.

The shipping costs plus the longer time doesn't help much unless you have coupons.

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    When you are shopping on Amazon,or any other online stores, always look for discount offers. When you shop during the festivals, you can get festive discounts, which will save you a lot of money. You can also make purchase in the amount that will entitle you for free shipping.

10. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I have some Amazon gift cards which are in dollars. But the high shipping charges force me to spend from my pocket. I tried to shop a lot of products from Amazon international site but shipping charges are too high. But when I use our local Amazon site I am at benefit of having a very low shipping cost with high speed delivery.

As suggested by OP, it may work best for some parts of the world but not for us here. As Amazon has already set up stores in India so we are getting more products at reasonable price.