Waterguard

Discussion in Water started by remnant • Oct 26, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I come from the tropics where there are many streams which provide a reliable source of water. Water from these streams is not safe to drink since it is exposed to pollutants and vermin from surface runoff. I use a product called Waterguard which kills all germs and parasites making the water safe to drink. The only thing that remains is to filter the water of any impurities. Which product do you use for water purification?

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    We use Kent water purifier which enhances the mineral property of water along with purification. Our drinking water is sourced from river as well. But geographically we're in a place where there's only one river to meet the water need of millions. There's a severe water scarcity so we at times use bore well water for drinking. For purifying bore well water, we use non-electric filters as high calcium content of ground water spoils the electric filters.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The easiest way to get water for consumption here is buying from the grocery stores. Luckily the water at the grocery have been treated such that I do not need a water guard. If I must get water from the remote streams I must have to use the water guard to protect myself.

4. JoushaP

JoushaPNew Member

Threads:
    We actually did testing on bottled water. We found that in my local town that the tap water was cleaner then bottled water. Never trust someone else to purify your water. It's like going to a restaurant and thinking that the servers aren't spitting in your food. It happens all the time.

The best bottled water tested was Fiji bottled water. It is near perfect on all of our testings.

5. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    In my home, we have consistently used water guard over the years. It has proved to be effective. However, it leaves water with a certain taste. This makes the drinking experience bad. Personally, I have opted to boil my drinking water. Boiling drinking water has proved to be cost effective than buying water guard. This is because when cooking, I normally put an extra cup which I scoop before cooking. This ensures that the water is very safe for me to drink.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to buy water from a water refilling station and have it delivered for convenience. It is costly but that is safer since the water in the tap is not guaranteed for drinking – we were buying mineral or purified water since 1995. But a few years back, I saw in the Ace Hardware this water purifier system that looked good enough and easy to operate. For less than $100, that’s a steal so we tried it. Think of the money we had saved because of that water purifier. And the only maintenance cost is the replacement of the filter pad every 3 months. Quite good, I’d say.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I find it most convenient and cheapest, too, to have purified water delivered to my house. Purified water in our area only cost half a dollar for 5-gallons and we only consume around 2 5-gallon container a week for drinking purposes. I only buy from a refilling station with testing certificate so that assures me, at least, that I'm actually getting cleaner drinking water than what we would get from the faucet. I've seen purifier at malls but I was hesitant to buy one because it is quite costly to replace the filter and it would have cost us more than what we would spend if we simply have the purified water delivered,

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Groundwater is my main source of water for drinking and other uses. Ground water is safe compared to other source of water because it collects through the multiple layers of earth. I use a normal water filter ( a filter that has mud filter candles) to filter drinking water.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    My water source is that which is supplied through my country's national water supplier. Fortunately for us, our water quality has been internationally accredited to be of good quality. I am reluctant to recommend the bottled water as sold in supermarkets to be of a superior quality when compared to tap water because there is no guarantee that this water was obtained from a safe source or that it went through the proper treatment process. On more than one occasions, random tests in the US discovered that some brands of bottled water were mere tap water and in some instances, the bottled water contained an inordinate amount of bacteria.