Watching Only Old Movies To Save Money?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Jun 13, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a number of sites where you can either stream or download movies whose copyrights have expired. If you don't mind looking around Youtube, you can also find numerous old movies.

Since these movies are still entertaining and they are so many that one could watch them for years, would you consider spending no money on Movie Tickets, Netflix subscriptions, etc? If entertainment is all you seek . . .

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually did this when I had no television, but I had Amazon Prime and that's it. Watching old and classic films was cheaper and it was a good opportunity to watch films I had never gotten around to.

When funds are limited and there is no television that's an option. Also you can download them if you don't have wi-fi, which was the case too. Also I would borrow DVDs from the library for free. We used to have a film night on one of the computers every now and then where I lived for a short while.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    YouTube actually has some recent movies uploaded. If you search for "full movie", you'll find some movies that aren't that old at all. But they usually get removed by YouTube in a few hours.

I usually watch movies on the free version of Hulu. They have a decent library. So does Crackle.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen a number of those on playlists. At times when you click on one you get some disgusting message that the video is blocked because it violates the copyrights laws of the place where you live. Does that mean that some people get to watch or download those movies while others can't watch them because of copyright laws? I hate the double standards. If it's an illegal upload let them treat it as such.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never seem to have the time to watch movies nowadays, so the movies that I get to watch are mostly old movies, because I just download them using torrents. I don't mind watching old movies since I don't make it a point to be updated anyway.

6. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a huge fan of movies anyway and typically find they're too long, but on the odd occasion I do watch a movie they're usually older ones. I find sometimes it's good to get the chance to look at some of the older movies you've never seen rather than watching something newer and having to pay to do so. I usually only watch them if they're on the TV rather than specifically looking for a movie to watch as well though so I suppose that's part of watching older ones.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    While I do have a Netflix subscription, I don't use it for movies anyway. I pretty much never pay for movies outside of my own home and prefer to just watch them free.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Please don't tell anyone about this. My husband was granted a deputy movie pass by the censors board here. That means he can watch any movie in any theater for free. And what makes it very good is that he can have a companion also for free. Isn't that a wonderful privilege. That's the reason why we watch movies almost every week because of that censors ID. However, the validity is only 1 year so we might as well use it as often as we could.

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why would you stick to old movies only? You can watch movies with non-expired copyrights, too, and you can do it without worrying about the feds coming after you. Countless sites stream fairly new movies, and it's not illegal to access those websites if you're not downloading anything. Either way, it still makes more sense to pay something to see the movies that you want to see rather than sticking to older, often lower-quality movies. It doesn't make sense to me at least.

10. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah i think the last time i watched a youtube movie was last christmas. I remember watching Home Alone with my family. It's always been our Christmas movie but yes, it was great. Youtube videos are decent and it loads fast. But mostly, i prefer new releases. There are tons of that online. You can torrent them or stream.

11. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Movies are movies, it does not matter whether it is old or new. The main idea of movie is entertainment, if you can get your dose of entertainment from old movies, than it does not make sense to spend a lot of money by visiting a theater. I watch old movies, however, I watch for entertainment not for saving money on movies.

12. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Old movies are worth to see again and again. I do prefer to watch my favourite old movies sometime. But the other thing is that yes, I am an entertainment seeker. I do spend money to buy movies and buy tickets of Cinema to watch movies.